Fox to recast Futurama for its return

Andrew

Well... meh.

Futurama is brilliant, there's no doubting that and it was crying out for more episodes. But back then.

To be honest, after such a long gap there's a strong chance that magic has gone anyway and that the show wouldn't have been anywhere near as good. They really shouldn't even consider doing it without the original cast but I doubt Groening will pass up a chance to run this show into the ground too.

Groening won't miss this opportunity to flog a dying or dead horse for more cash. After all, the Simpsons should have been binned 10 years ago and the movie was way past its sell by date when it hit the screens. Matt is the TV equivilent of George Lucas.

Absolutely disgraceful and the work of complete fucking reatards. If Groening and Cohen have anything at all about them they will say no series if the original cast aren't offered the parts, and if they go with fox on this then they have no credibility whatsoever. They are already rich so they don't have the defence of needing to agree with Fox to pay the bills, so if they cave in to this they might as well not bother.

Blind with fury? Lols...

I mean, I get it, it's like that guy's favorite TV show or whatever, but Jesus... Blind with fury?

I wonder how much of this is Fox going, "We have to get out from under the fanboy wagon somehow." Know what I mean? Like the axed Family Guy and everyone went nuts, so they put it back on. Then they cancel Futurama and everyone goes nuts again. Maybe the next time they axe a primetime cartoon the fans won't make as big of deal in fear that their beloved show will be brought back as some differently-voiced uncool, er, thing.

Blind with fury? Lols...

I mean, I get it, it's like that guy's favorite TV show or whatever, but Jesus... Blind with fury?

I wonder how much of this is Fox going, "We have to get out from under the fanboy wagon somehow." Know what I mean? Like the axed Family Guy and everyone went nuts, so they put it back on. Then they cancel Futurama and everyone goes nuts again. Maybe the next time they axe a primetime cartoon the fans won't make as big of deal in fear that their beloved show will be brought back as some differently-voiced uncool, er, thing.

Fox is solely devoted to making money, they brough Family Guy back twice because repeat figures elsewhere and DVD sales were looking so profitable they wanted their share and Futurama came back for much the same reason, and i'm guessing the 4 recent feature length ones have made good money to get them interested in the series. So i'm hoping that as ever they'll be motivated by greed and when fans kick off and make it clear they won't watch or buy it if they change the voices Fox will give up and do what they should have in the first place.

Edited by Papa Lazaru