Forest away travel

Howmanheyman

I don't get to as many away games as I used to, However am trying to change this, went to Cardiff earlier on in the season and as we left it a bit late, we had trouble sorting travel out, we tried the Back page but they were sold out and there didn't seem to be any 'toon travel' type of organised coaches about, the trains were about as much use as a windscreen wiper on a submarine and at the last minute we heard about a bus leaving from Washington who took us, which wasn't ideal but got us out of a hole.

Now we're going to Forest and from what I've seen the trains don't seem to any good for coming back, I've heard the back page are 'dry buses' and haven't got in touch yet. I seem to recall seeing someone on here who sometimes organises coaches, so, anyone have an idea how to get to Nottingham? It would seem like the likes of Cardiff and Nottingham were on the far side of the moon!

(Obviously the easy answer of drive down ourselves is out as the idea of going to the game minus a drink is not on, for us anyway.)

Depending on how many are in your group, have you considered a 7 seater taxi?

Not as ridiculous as it first sounds. Get a fixed price, ok the beers, and when you split the fare it usually works out pretty reasonable.

Depending on how many are in your group, have you considered a 7 seater taxi?

Not as ridiculous as it first sounds. Get a fixed price, ok the beers, and when you split the fare it usually works out pretty reasonable.

Not a bad idea, however here's only the two of us going. If there was a few I'd probably sort something like this out myself, it's a bit annoying as there's sometimes a few in the club I get in who organise trips to aways but its a bit infrequent and sods law they're not doing anything for this game.

Edited by Howmanheyman

Toon Away are the company to try and Ugly Makems the man to contact.

I couldn't think of the name!

Cheers, PP. :D

It looks like I was looking on the wrong website regarding the trains as national express will get you there and back with one change. Trouble is they're looking for £70 odd quid each which I thinks a bit much. It's a last resort, though. (I'll try toon-away first, back page second, rip-off-train, last.)

I got a flight to the East Midlands on Friday afternoon. Then we are all putting in for a taxi to Wolverhampton to watch the horse racing, then on the piss then another cab back (well 2 cabs there is 10 of us going) back to city. Then up an out ready for the game then fly home again sunday.

All in all gonna cost about £350 to get there an back I'm thinking anyway around that not including spends