Mo

Craig

Bit late now I guess but did anyone see that drama with Julie Walters playing the lead on C4 about Mo Mowlam?

Never really appreciated quite how influential she was - not only for Northern Ireland but also for New Labour. Blair evidently saw her as a threat hence why he shifted her out of Hillsborough but the remarkable point was that no-one in government actually knew how ill she was.

Interesting to find out if her family were happy with the portrayal. She came across as foul-mouthed, aggresive and outragious, but nevertheless a very caring, very competent politician.

The moment she realises that the tumour may have been responsible for her gregarious personality must have been very difficult.

Edited by donaldstott

Interesting to find out if her family were happy with the portrayal. She came across as foul-mouthed, aggresive and outragious, but nevertheless a very caring, very competent politician.

The moment she realises that the tumour may have been responsible for her gregarious personality must have been very difficult.

tbf her only remaining family are her step-children. Her husband died around a year ago (also in his early 50s). She was very much WYSIWYG which she was proud of and her family probably saw it as dis-respect to portray her as anything else.

Had more balls that all of the other ministers responsible over the years for NI put together. The Good Friday agreement was because of her - Clinton fully acknowledges that. Blair just lapped up the reward and shit all over her basically.

I always felt she began to believe the publicity about her. I can't ever recall her being so 'in your face' before all the publicity surrounding her unorthodox methods in NI.

Couldn't stand the woman.

Can stand Julie Walters even less - vastly overrated imho.

tbf her only remaining family are her step-children. Her husband died around a year ago (also in his early 50s). She was very much WYSIWYG which she was proud of and her family probably saw it as dis-respect to portray her as anything else.

Had more balls that all of the other ministers responsible over the years for NI put together. The Good Friday agreement was because of her - Clinton fully acknowledges that. Blair just lapped up the reward and shit all over her basically.

I didn't know that. His naked painting was something I could have done without!!