Schoolteachers

LeazesMag

I'd think arbritrarily it is reasonable to stream at 13 years - which effectively happens in comprehensives anyway.

As I said I think that's fine.

If you see school life as more than just about actual education, I think another factor is the way selection and or sectarian schools can divide communities (used in the very narrow sense). I'm not saying this is necessarily a really bad thing but going to a primary school which was different to the "local" friends I had growing up was a bit of a pain sometimes. Then going to a senior school with only 3 lads from my class (who weren't mates anyway) was another division. Funnily enough the only mates I still have are the local kids I've known since I was virtually a toddler.

Maybe stuff like that is character building and shouldn't be lost either but I think there's something quite good about the notion of sharing an entire life with a group of local kids - a "universally comprehensive" approach to education would support that.

Dont the Vardys of mackem fame finance an academy? Pure religious nutjob place too.

Emmanuel college - not sure if its still going but it made the headlines a few years ago for having creationist science on the agenda (which was backed by fuckwit Blair).

It's still going. Good exam results mind :lol:

Dont the Vardys of mackem fame finance an academy? Pure religious nutjob place too.

Emmanuel college - not sure if its still going but it made the headlines a few years ago for having creationist science on the agenda (which was backed by fuckwit Blair).

It's still going. Good exam results mind :lol:

The Head of Science was on TV a while back literally claiming the Universe was 6000 years old, but he had to 'lie' to the children so they could pass their exams (in essence then he was teaching them to lie, ironic coming from a christian). I felt like shoving one of Cherie's crystals up Tony's arse.