Mowbray and Keane

Marko

Hughton has kept a level and collective head this season but surely any praise given to him has to be relevant to which division we are in and the side we have.

There have been times i've came on here where Hughton has been slagged off because of his poor team selection/substitution/tactics. Similarly there have been times on here where the opposition has been slagged off for being poor and an absolutely toss league.

With that in mind surely the praise Hughton gets should be fairly low key!? I believe Coloccini has settled in a bit better Enrique has looked head and shoulders above this league and Carroll is slowly getting better and better. But would you really expect anything less from them three players? alarm bells would certainly have been ringing if they havent.

As for Jonas, I'm a fan of his but I think improvements in his game have been marginal that too is acreditted to the poor players he is playing against week in week out. His delivery is still poor which ever way you look at it.

As has been said further up, we wont get rid of Hughton and we won't bring in Keane. But seriously I really worry for our safety next season with CH at the helm. And I don't think judging him by what he's done this season will change our fortunes at all.

Hopefully i'm wrong and hopefully i have egg on my face. Personally, I cannot see it.

I thought Mowbray would have been a good manager once, but not so sure now. Its one thing trying to play good football but the lack of defensive organisation and capability his teams play with are worrying, especially for someone who was a good defender like he was.

I think that Owen Coyle has something about him, but picking and choosing managers is a minefield, there have always been managers who look ready for the big clubs but when they get the jobs make a mess of it.

As Barney says, if you manage Rangers or Celtic and do so badly - relatively speaking - it doesn't say much. Even Souness won the league up there and he took over Rangers when they were a long way behind Celtic, and Aberdeen too, courtesy of a certain Alex Ferguson, who moved to Manu and opened the door for him.........

What do you reckon to Paul Lambert Leazes?

Done a very good job at Norwich and has a Celtic connection.

I'd be chuffed if he ended up here at some point, I like the way his teams play and his winning mentality.

He's not a big enough/tactically astute enough manager to take the average under par team we have and make it survive in the premiership it's that simple.

I certainly have reservations about his ability to win games in the Premier League but for me if you are going to replace him then it would have to a first-rate manager otherwise the disruption just isn't worth it.

Having said that how many clubs would replace a manager who's team:

- Has lost 4 games all season

- Has the best team spirit seen at the club in over a decade

- Just set a club record for number of clean sheets

- Could well go the whole season unbeaten at home

Make no mistake it'll make us a mockery again.

I thought Mowbray would have been a good manager once, but not so sure now. Its one thing trying to play good football but the lack of defensive organisation and capability his teams play with are worrying, especially for someone who was a good defender like he was.

I think that Owen Coyle has something about him, but picking and choosing managers is a minefield, there have always been managers who look ready for the big clubs but when they get the jobs make a mess of it.

As Barney says, if you manage Rangers or Celtic and do so badly - relatively speaking - it doesn't say much. Even Souness won the league up there and he took over Rangers when they were a long way behind Celtic, and Aberdeen too, courtesy of a certain Alex Ferguson, who moved to Manu and opened the door for him.........

What do you reckon to Paul Lambert Leazes?

Done a very good job at Norwich and has a Celtic connection.

I'd be chuffed if he ended up here at some point, I like the way his teams play and his winning mentality.

you have to be impressed at his results, even though they may already have had the best players....he comes across as fairly authoritive though.

I think that when you choose managers you should keep all options open, the proven trophy winner, the foreign manager who has succeeded at the high levels, and up and coming managers in the lower leagues or even just with smaller clubs ie clubs with less potential.

Interview them. Judge them. Look at how they play, find out how their players view them as man managers. It sounds simple enough but it isn't, and that is because only a small number of clubs achieve this "success" in terms of 3 domestic trophies, 3 other Champs League places, and 3 Fairs Cup places. Its difficult, but you have to have the ambition to get in there and be prepared to back up your appointed man.

We're in no position to attract anyone significantly better anyway. Stottie is spot on. Why rock the boat? Hughton will be on peanuts (possibly even only the contract he was on in any case and if not, it won't be much more) so Ashley will see that area as another 'saving'. He's done a very good job under the circumstances as well so he probably deserves a chance. Still reckon he'll do well to be in the post by Crimbo like.

He's not a big enough/tactically astute enough manager to take the average under par team we have and make it survive in the premiership it's that simple.

I certainly have reservations about his ability to win games in the Premier League but for me if you are going to replace him then it would have to a first-rate manager otherwise the disruption just isn't worth it.

Having said that how many clubs would replace a manager who's team:

- Has lost 4 games all season

- Has the best team spirit seen at the club in over a decade

- Just set a club record for number of clean sheets

- Could well go the whole season unbeaten at home

Make no mistake it'll make us a mockery again.

It will indeed....but

then again how many clubs have been promoted with similar standings if not frankly better with a lower quality of player in the squad with a more experienced manager and came straight back down again...

If Jonas or colo have a good world cup, wave good bye... then we'll be down two of the better players (who weren't that good last time they were in the premier league anyways) and still have a dodgy tactician.

With this squad, Hughton will not keep us in the premiership, and frankly even one of the better man managers of the game would struggle to keep us up.

without demeaning the good job he has done at all, this is the bottom line.

We're in no position to attract anyone significantly better anyway. Stottie is spot on. Why rock the boat? Hughton will be on peanuts (possibly even only the contract he was on in any case and if not, it won't be much more) so Ashley will see that area as another 'saving'. He's done a very good job under the circumstances as well so he probably deserves a chance. Still reckon he'll do well to be in the post by Crimbo like.

Fair comment. He maybe does deserve a chance. I hold my hands up and say I said exactly the same about Glenn Roeder [although he had Shearer alongside him, who knows what influence he had if any].

The only thing I'd say is that we may survive due to 3 teams being worse (without wishing to sound too obvious) but I can't see it being anything other than a season-long struggle. Difficult to see where the goals will come from. Especially if our number one striker ends up in the clink ;)

The only thing I'd say is that we may survive due to 3 teams being worse (without wishing to sound too obvious) but I can't see it being anything other than a season-long struggle. Difficult to see where the goals will come from. Especially if our number one striker ends up in the clink ;)

yes. I actually think, and I didn't think this at the start of the season, that Carrol is turning out to be a good player. The confidence of playing, scoring goals, leading the line, being the main man etc.....I really like his mobility, which is really standing out now. It's a lower level but it has enabled him to find himself and his game and hopefully he will step up to it. He is doing it anis still able to score goals, a lot of which have been clean strikes, well hit, without showing nerves or pressure. Add to this his height and aggression which is always hard to stop whatever level you play at.

Not for the first time, Ameobi is being overshadowed, but he always has been a lower league player and surely now he will get the message unless he ends up getting a testimonial.

We need a good pacy striker to play alongside Carroll, more depth [although Ranger has a lot of this in the long term] and a lot more in midfield but most of us know this already, depending on how high you think the club should be aiming for.

Edited by LeazesMag

6 months reduced to 3 for good behaviour, out in july.

Surely the judge will be a Geordie as well and even if he's not, would you want to work in a city where you've just sent the number 1 striker down!!!!

Bad career move tbf