Gateshead

Deano

Im going to view a house on Brinkburn Avenue thmora mornin, after looking on the traveline northeast website to find a bus journey its thrown up a few roads near Brinkburn Avenue. Coatsworth Road/Shipcote...is shipcote a place in gateshead? and Durham road which is a walk from Brinkburn.

Iv looked on google maps and it shows various bus stops along these roads but i dont know if id be on the bus going northbound or southbound? Should really tell ya what buses stop at them really.

Anyone know what stop to get off or any other quick way to get there from town?

Thanks.

Im going to view a house on Brinkburn Avenue thmora mornin, after looking on the traveline northeast website to find a bus journey its thrown up a few roads near Brinkburn Avenue. Coatsworth Road/Shipcote...is shipcote a place in gateshead? and Durham road which is a walk from Brinkburn.

Iv looked on google maps and it shows various bus stops along these roads but i dont know if id be on the bus going northbound or southbound? Should really tell ya what buses stop at them really.

Thanks.

Stevie's your man.

Its full of mackems mind.

Thanks.

Aye Shipcotes in Gateshead (where I live actually!). Not sure where Brinkburn Avenue is but if it's near Durham road you can get the 21/22 from the Toon and it takes you there.

Thanks.

Aye Shipcotes in Gateshead (where I live actually!). Not sure where Brinkburn Avenue is but if it's near Durham road you can get the 21/22 from the Toon and it takes you there.

Cheers besty mate, Brinkburn by the looks of it joins onto Coatsworth road....thing is if i get off on Durham road its a long fuckin road so id have no idea where to get off!! ;)

Just off Saltwell Park isn't it? (north of).

Aye rite next to Saltwell park....?

Think im just gonna have to ask the bus driver...

If you can get the 54 bus, I think that goes along Brinkburn Avenue and there's a stop right next to Saltwell Park.

EDIT: You can get the 54 from near the Theatre Royal/That sandwich shop across from the fire station (Is it still O'Briens?)

Edited by A NICE HAT

Thanks.

If your getting on in town and going to Gateshead it should be going southbound (unless Manc-Mag is driving). As soon as you see the park on your right, get off and double back on yourself.

How spooky, just got a job to rodsley av, 2 streets away.

If your on a bus coming along Durham rd from Newcastle, get off at the stop after the snooker hall.

Cross the road, turn left along the path towards Newcastle then first right down Enfield road.

After couple hundred yards turn right just before zebra crossing into your new street.

You have arrived at your destination.

If you can get the 54 bus, I think that goes along Brinkburn Avenue and there's a stop right next to Saltwell Park.

EDIT: You can get the 54 from near the Theatre Royal/That sandwich shop across from the fire station (Is it still O'Briens?)

How spooky, just got a job to rodsley av, 2 streets away.

If your on a bus coming along Durham rd from Newcastle, get off at the stop after the snooker hall.

Cross the road, turn left along the path towards Newcastle then first right down Enfield road.

After couple hundred yards turn right just before zebra crossing into your new street.

You have arrived at your destination.

CT would i just ask the bus driver for the stop after snooker hall on durham road?

Nice Hat...would i just ask for saltwell park stop then?

Cheers lads!! Much appreciated...no just to decide which one is easiest ;)

its just up the road from me that. Get the 53 or the 54 from newcastle. if you get the 53 stay on past gateshead and then when it turns onto coatsworth road, the first two stops are coatsworth and then the last two stops are brinkburn, the first stop on brinkburn is outside a hairdressers called femme fetale. if you get the 54 it stops outside the theatre royal, the 53 stops on the opposite side of the road. 54 goes the opposite direction to the 53 so as it turns onto brinkburn its the first two stops. It will be much easier getting the 53 though.

Hope thats help to you.

its just up the road from me that. Get the 53 or the 54 from newcastle. if you get the 53 stay on past gateshead and then when it turns onto coatsworth road, the first two stops are coatsworth and then the last two stops are brinkburn, the first stop on brinkburn is outside a hairdressers called femme fetale. if you get the 54 it stops outside the theatre royal, the 53 stops on the opposite side of the road. 54 goes the opposite direction to the 53 so as it turns onto brinkburn its the first two stops. It will be much easier getting the 53 though.

Hope thats help to you.

Thanks mate...with Coatsworth being such a long road would it not be easier getting the 54? Once i see saltwell park on right and bus turns left i know thats me?

Or have i got it wrong?

What road does the 53 to onto coatsworth from?

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Hope thats help to you.

Thanks mate...with Coatsworth being such a long road would it not be easier getting the 54? Once i see saltwell park on right and bus turns left i know thats me?

Or have i got it wrong?

its much easier getting the 53, the journy is shorter. goes to gateshead and then it comes up past the civic centre then up bensham road, it turns left and then as it turns left you will see the primary school and if your getting off on the last stop of brinkburn its basically the last stop along that stretch of road, or if your getting off first stop on brinkburn its the third stop. 54 is a longer journey as it goes around bensham and then back up to that bit. but either way its your choice, if you just tell the driver to drop you off at brinkburn am sure he'll give you a shout.

Hope thats help to you.

Or have i got it wrong?

its much easier getting the 53, the journy is shorter. goes to gateshead and then it comes up past the civic centre then up bensham road, it turns left and then as it turns left you will see the primary school and if your getting off on the last stop of brinkburn its basically the last stop along that stretch of road, or if your getting off first stop on brinkburn its the third stop. 54 is a longer journey as it goes around bensham and then back up to that bit. but either way its your choice, if you just tell the driver to drop you off at brinkburn am sure he'll give you a shout.

Sorted mate think il go for the 53 then ;)

Whats the area like?

Any decent pubs, newsagents or supermarkets in walkin distance?

Hope thats help to you.

Or have i got it wrong?

Whats the area like?

its alright round brinkburn, coatsworth road shops just along the road and theres a few decent shops along there, youve got a couple of newsagents just along the road from you too, tesco closest super market and erm pubs and stuff well you probs wudnt wanna go in to the azure blue its fucking shitee but the snooker hall up the road is alright, and ohhh if you like takeaway food Anglo Pizza is the place to go :icon_lol:

Edited by bawan

Hope thats help to you.

Or have i got it wrong?

Whats the area like?

its alright round brinkburn, coatsworth road shops just along the road and theres a few decent shops along there, youve got a couple of newsagents just along the road from you too, tesco closest super market and erm pubs and stuff well you probs wudnt wanna go in to the azure blue its fucking shitee but the snooker hall up the road is alright, and ohhh if you like takeaway food Anglo Pizza is the place to go :icon_lol:

He's not wrong there! Snooker hall gets the dodgy channels on as well for the Toon games.

It's nee Anglos!

Which one is Anglos? Across from the snooker hall just next door to the Indians?

That's the one, pizzas are belta! Bells is the place to get your hair cut as well if your still living round here!

Hope thats help to you.

Or have i got it wrong?

Whats the area like?

He's not wrong there! Snooker hall gets the dodgy channels on as well for the Toon games.

Quality! I play snooker 2-3 times a week at whitley lodge so finding a new place to frequent and tonk the punters was up there on my "to do list".

You know if they have tournements in there? What about poker nights?

no poker nights i dont think and am not too sure about snooker tournements either.

Have you been mate? And did you find it alright?

Aye mate found it alright like, got the 54 which dropped me off rite outside.

The house itself was pretty shit tbh and at £450 a month id expect it to be a bit better so probably wont end up there.

Thanks for the help mate.