Scratched another car

ajax_andy

The missus scratched someones car the other day parking (yep doing nothing to dispell the myth that women can't park).

Tiny scratch but she felt bad and left a note for the guy saying she'd pay for the damage.

The guy has texted her saying its gonna cost £150.

It was a tiny scratch but I'm guessing they are going to re-spray the whole side of the car instead of just the rear wing.

Anyone been in this situation before and does £150 see reasonable?

Someone drove in to my car, drove off leaving a whole world of damage and that only cost me £200 to fix.

What happens if she refuses to pay that much stating its not a reasonable charge forsuch a small scratch?

Pretty knackered once you've admitted liability.

Most body shops will charge you an arm and a leg.

Why not ring around a get a few quotes yourself to put your mind at rest.

If we find somewhere cheaper can we make him go there though? Thats my thoughts, that even if I found somewhere cheaper he can just say he wants to go to the other place anyway?

Pretty knackered once you've admitted liability.

Most body shops will charge you an arm and a leg.

Why not ring around a get a few quotes yourself to put your mind at rest.

If we find somewhere cheaper can we make him go there though? Thats my thoughts, that even if I found somewhere cheaper he can just say he wants to go to the other place anyway?

Nope you did the damage, so he can use "who he trusts with his car" it'll go the same way if it goes through insurance, of course he might be alright with somewhere cheaper no harm in asking him.

Aye cheers for that mate.

I've just told her to pay the £150 and stop arsey about it.

Women eh?!

I've had quotes higher than that for some tiny scratch a random has done in a car park. I decided it was not worth the money to repair in the end and left it. It's good your wife was honest though imo.

I've had quotes higher than that for some tiny scratch a random has done in a car park. I decided it was not worth the money to repair in the end and left it. It's good your wife was honest though imo.

Yeah same here mate, shame honesty costs money tho lol

Well the garage has to employ someone, and they have overheads

Stay away from the insurance claim but ask for a copy of the bill before paying

A council van nudged the bumper on wor lasses and left a smallmark, hardly visible. She complained and the council told her to take it to a spray place they deal with, £420.00 + vat. She then dragged the car up a wagon a week later, her mistake. So we told the council we wanted to take it elsewhere, they coughed up the money and we got all the damage she'd done repaired with the money.

Dishonest I hear you say but I put it down to the garage they recommended, they said it needed a new bumper etc, they need to look at their suppliers imo as they're clearly taking the piss out of them, must be making thousands from them.

The place we got it fixed said the mark on the bumper would have been a £100 fix very tops.