Owen scare

Scottish Mag

What's pissing me off about some fans is that they think he's injured just for Newcastle. Look at his record at Liverpool, he missed a fair amount of games through injury even there.

61385[/snapback]

Haven't noticed anyone saying that tbh, think you made that one up, like.

The accusation was that he bottles the big games, I seem to recall him scoring a couple of goals in something known as The FA Cup Final when he was at Liverpool. Most people know he was often injured for Liverpool, it's fairly common knowledge.

The problem right now is that he seems to miss a a couple of matches for us while playing an England match inbetween. That's how it seems anyway. Might be wrong.

He'll play. I agree that he seems to make sure he's fit for any England game but with him being an Everton supporter as a kid and having played for Liverpool, he's bound to be relishing the chance of playing there.

61365[/snapback]

Once you've played at the Bernebau regularly I doubt Goodison Park (where he has played many times already) has the same effect.

HTL, read some of the posts on the first page if you think the O-Nut is making it up.

He'll play. I agree that he seems to make sure he's fit for any England game but with him being an Everton supporter as a kid and having played for Liverpool, he's bound to be relishing the chance of playing there.

61365[/snapback]

Once you've played at the Bernebau regularly I doubt Goodison Park (where he has played many times already) has the same effect.

HTL, read some of the posts on the first page if you think the O-Nut is making it up.

61424[/snapback]

I can't see any posts claiming he wasn't injured at Liverpool though? As HTL says, it just appears that Owen is fit for England games despite being unfit to play for us either the game before or the game after. I don't think anyone really thinks that he's feigning injury for us though.

61365[/snapback]

61424[/snapback]

I can't see any posts claiming he wasn't injured at Liverpool though?

61463[/snapback]

More that they've conviently forgotten it - I was referring to the 'he treats us like shit', 'can't be arsed to play for us' posts.

61365[/snapback]

61424[/snapback]

I can't see any posts claiming he wasn't injured at Liverpool though? As HTL says, it just appears that Owen is fit for England games despite being unfit to play for us either the game before or the game after. I don't think anyone really thinks that he's feigning injury for us though.

61463[/snapback]

What he said. It's just so incredibly frustrating and as I said, it feels like Woodgate all over again.

Edited by Bombadil

According to .cock, Owen should be back on Wednesday, which is good. As I said in another thread though, at the moment I couldn't care less if we get knocked out of that cup, the League is all that counts at the moment.