The 'bigger' club.

Danny CL

For some reason this thread puts me in mind of the cup tie we played at WHL in 1987 when twelve thousand went to London for a fifth round tie.

Anyway, I remember Actor Warren Mitchell, (Alf Garnett), who is/was a Spurs fan being interviewed at half time on the radio and saying the Spurs boys could learn a few things off these Geordies on how to support a team.

Just thought I'd mention it, like. :jesuswept:

Unlike Stevie, I'd definitely say Spurs were bigger than Chelsea, although Chelsea did bring a lot for the 2nd division game in '84 which was the biggest amount of London fans I've seen at SJP. (Mind, they haven't had much competition to be fair). I can recall Spurs twatting us 5-1 with some really good players in their side who won the UEFA cup the year before. 23,000 watched their stars give us the run-around.(That included our away support.)

Also remember Preston and Northampton filling the Leazes in the mid-eighties in the FA cup.

Oh, this 'big 5' shit from the eighties. A title from some knob at ITV when they had the first division rights for a year. Unless you happened to be playing one of their chosen 5, you wouldn't get on. Granada and Thames ran 'The Big Match' so maybe no surprise these clubs were never off the telly.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also remember Preston and Northampton filling the Leazes in the mid-eighties in the FA cup.

Preston actually filled nearly a quarter of the East Stand at that game too. :jesuswept:

Preston actually filled nearly a quarter of the East Stand at that game too. :jesuswept:

The Northampton game was the first time I'd ever seen an away fan on the Metro on a match day.

For some reason this thread puts me in mind of the cup tie we played at WHL in 1987 when twelve thousand went to London for a fifth round tie.

The Hillsborough that wasn't.

I also remember it as being the first time I went to Spurs that wasn't dodgy as fuck - the numbers helped but there was a "quality" factor in our support as well that made it different.

And for the record I'm not the same poster as Danny above, you can get an admin to ip check that if you really want.

I don't need to Danny, we've known it's been you ever since you signed up with it last year. Been wondering how long it'd take you to use it mind.

is it true that you can switch between firefox and IE and be undetectable by IP ?

No.

LM devastated he cant use his NE5 account in his piss-boring online bickering.

Quite how he would even know how to make his IP undetectable, considering he can't even do the computer equivalent of tie his own shoelaces is beyond me tbh.