MAC Codes

LeazesMag

I have had this letter from Orange. Can someone who has changed broadband services before - I have had this since it was freeserve ie a long time ago - decipher please. Basically, I want to change to O2 as my phone is with O2. I am also moving house soon, I hoped it would be mid august but now could be up to a month later. Does it mean that I have 30 days from 11th August to switch to O2 ? Does it mean my orange will stop on 11th August whether I have transferred to O2 or not ? Can I ring orange and defer it for a month or should I go ahead and make the switch anyway ?

"This code will expire on 11 August 2010. If you don't use your MAC before this date you'll need to contact us for another one but we'll only be able to supply a new MAC once this one has expired.

To transfer your broadband service to your new provider you'll need to supply them with this code. They will then make arrangements for your broadband to be transferred to them with minimum disruption to your service. Once this has been completed they will contact us and we'll arrange for your Orange broadband account to be closed. If your contract with us has expired we will apply the 30 day cancellation period to your account as soon as we're informed that your broadband has been successfully migrated. If you cancel your Orange broadband account in the meantime, then this MAC will become invalid.

If you decide not to migrate then you don't need to do anything and your Orange broadband account will remain active until we receive further instruction."

Edited by LeazesMag

There's a help section of the forum. Your knowledge of using forums and anything that involves technology is as bad as Shepherd's knowledge of running a successful football club.

There's a help section of the forum. Your knowledge of using forums and anything that involves technology is as bad as Shepherd's knowledge of running a successful football club.

how many years do you think you will be waiting for someone to match the Halls and Shepherd, thompers ? You're still an idiot and it seems you are doomed to eternal stupidity.

It'll expire on 11th whether it was used or not, generally it'll be used within a week if you sign up to o2 i'd have thought

migrations are fairly quick especially when you've already got service in the house and dont need anything major done

so I should go to O2 and change to them before the 11th ? Then when I move house, what to I do then ?

It'll expire on 11th whether it was used or not, generally it'll be used within a week if you sign up to o2 i'd have thought

migrations are fairly quick especially when you've already got service in the house and dont need anything major done

so I should go to O2 and change to them before the 11th ? Then when I move house, what to I do then ?

You'll need to contact O2 and tell them you are moving as they'll need to cease and re-provide.

Consult the o2 help section, under the FAQ there's guaranteed to be a "I'm moving house, what do I do?" question. It's just basic stuff Leazes, a bit like letting Bobby Robson pick his own players.

Consult the o2 help section, under the FAQ there's guaranteed to be a "I'm moving house, what do I do?" question. It's just basic stuff Leazes, a bit like letting Bobby Robson pick his own players.

yawn. Assuming you think Bobby Robson didn't pick his own players, does that mean you therefore think Fat Fred and Deadly Doug did a good job as managers of the football club :jesuswept:

Don't sidetrack the thread Leazes.

I thought you would have been banned by now. Its a technical question by the way, and nowt to do with Bobby Robson or Fat Fred so why exactly did you mention them ?

I'll get on with the topic in hand now.

Bye.

I thought you would have been banned by now. Its a technical question by the way, and nowt to do with Bobby Robson or Fat Fred so why exactly did you mention them ?

Bye.

I was merely using them as a metaphorical reference, whereas you seemed to attempt to use these references to side track the thread.

Ban him please :jesuswept:

Bye.

I was merely using them as a metaphorical reference, whereas you seemed to attempt to use these references to side track the thread.

Ban him please :jesuswept:

WILL YOU FUCK OFF!!!

And Leazes, I'd get o2 set up now before your MAC code expires then they can easily transfer it to your new house.