Sol Campbell

gives us another homegrown player to add to the 8 needed in the squad of 25

We've already got more than enough anyway so it's not even a consideration.

yes it is. how many of our english players would you actually want to keep? i wouldn't mind losing a few. and how many would ideally make it into a squad of 25? in an ideal world we'll sign a few more players before the window shuts and then it could be an issue. not saying that will happen mind

Don't have to be English to be 'homegrown' do they? In any case even if they did how would a short-term solution solve that given there isn't likely to be wholesale changes at present. Or in other words, you're talking bollocks again. :lol:

i was under the impression that we were limited to 8 english players now. we currently have 11 senior english players and some kids. i wouldn't mind if we shifted half of them and if we did, we'd be short of the minimum requirement.

No, that's not how the criteria works. We need to have 8 players who meet the criteria (this includes young players who've been here long enough / developed here so people like Fabregas count for Arsenal). To put it another way out of the squad of 25 you're therefore allowed 17 players who are 'foreign' under the criteria. We have nowhere near that many so, like I say, it's not even a consideration when it comes to signing Sol Campbell.

Did we have more English players on the pitch than any other Premier league clubs the last 2 games?

Harper, Perch, Williamson, Routledge, Nolan, Smith, Barton, Carroll, Ameobi, R Taylor

= 10

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barton Nolan not English according to wankers on here mate

You certainly aren't, there's Scandinavians on here that speak better English than you :lol: