where did the "big four" expression come from?

parkinpants

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Actually the expression Big Three, Big Four, Big Five, is as old as the hills and refers to many things including football, music, leaders, companies, etc etc.

There was a Big Four as far back as WW1, and who can forget the Big Three in WW2. Can't say BIG ANYTHING is only related to football and was certainly not invented to only refer to Arse n'all, MAN Ure, Chelski, & Liverpill. :D

Britain, Russia and who?

Actually the expression Big Three, Big Four, Big Five, is as old as the hills and refers to many things including football, music, leaders, companies, etc etc.

There was a Big Four as far back as WW1, and who can forget the Big Three in WW2. Can't say BIG ANYTHING is only related to football and was certainly not invented to only refer to Arse n'all, MAN Ure, Chelski, & Liverpill. :D

Britain, Russia and who?

:D

It was Stalin, Churchill and Roosevelt. So called due to their Yalta meeting iirc.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

See something you might be able to answer Alex, I'm not googling it, see people in West Berlin from 1950 to 1990, obviously it was behind the Iron Curtain, how would West Berliners travel to West Germany and Western Europe? Were flights allowed over the iron curtain and roads available etc?

See something you might be able to answer Alex, I'm not googling it, see people in West Berlin from 1950 to 1990, obviously it was behind the Iron Curtain, how would West Berliners travel to West Germany and Western Europe? Were flights allowed over the iron curtain and roads available etc?

I'm not sure but I know that when the Wall first went up the only access in and out was by flying. There was what was known as the 'Berlin Air Lift' whereby planes were landing / taking off round the clock in order to supply West Berlin with all its needs. I think the Eastern Bloc realised the blockade wasn't achieving its aim so it was relaxed in order to allow freight to come in over land too. I'm not sure if citizens of West Berlin could use the over land route though (I assume they had to fly).

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Wikitastic

You may not believe me but I actually remembered it from GCSE World History. Noelie was probably there though :D

haha and Rob W probably wrote a book about it.

Wikitastic

You may not believe me but I actually remembered it from GCSE World History. Noelie was probably there though :D

haha and Rob W probably served the drinks

:D

Guest Tuco Ramirez

The one time we need Her Isegrim and he's not here, when the word Isegrim is typed on here though he has some sort of war siren in his house he sharp appears.

Its a bit like the way I consider Kings Cross Station to be part of Newcastle :lol: