Exam Results go up to 11

Happy Face

An A* is a pretty decent achievement to be fair, you have to get high A's in every single module of your subject.

Aye but that should be a rarity, rather than nearly 1 in 10 sitting.

I have to say though...regardless of what marks I got in school or college, I have never had to tell anyone what I got nor has anyone ever asked! I remember my first job interview, fresh out of school when I took my fake red leather record of achievement along with me. I got a funny look for having it in my hand, it was never looked at and I never took it out again. Education? What a load of old shite!

:)

I always have a chuckle when i see people carrying those about.

aye, those record of achievements really came in handy like

An A* is a pretty decent achievement to be fair, you have to get high A's in every single module of your subject.

Aye but that should be a rarity, rather than nearly 1 in 10 sitting.

Exactly, so it's not much of an achievement really.

Dan, the root cause of grade inflation is that exam boards have become incentivised to make exams easy.

The article is a bit ambiguous to be fair; it says 1 in 12 exams were marked with an A*. You need to get 6 A*s in a module to get an A* overall, suggesting to me 1 in 72 are getting A* grades, which is a bit different. It's still an excellent achievement, takes a lot of self discipline.

Don't disgree about grade inflation however.