HUbs

LeazesMag

BT engineer guy told me to leave it on all the time. When I used to switch it off my speed got knocked down to crappy dial up speeds, something to do with the exchange monitoring the line and thinking I was getting disconnected all the time. So I just leave it on and put it into power save mode now.

Yes otherwise people will still your internet.

Best giving it a 128bit encryption as well. bugger when you have to put that into a mobile device though...

ta mate. I wondered about that. What's the difference between a hub and a router or are they the same ?

How do you do 128bit encryption ?

Sorry LeazesMag. I was having a joke. :wub:

You should be fine to leave it on. I doubt it uses that much power.

With regards to encryption I think as long as you change the default password you should be fine.

BT engineer guy told me to leave it on all the time. When I used to switch it off my speed got knocked down to crappy dial up speeds, something to do with the exchange monitoring the line and thinking I was getting disconnected all the time. So I just leave it on and put it into power save mode now.

ok. Not bothered about saving power, just don't want to do anything that fucks it up, and I just don't like leaving things plugged in if they don't need to be.

Cheers too khay.... :wub:

I haven't changed the default password yet, haven't had time. I presume I go onto BT website to do that ? Don't like doing things like that either tbh, if it ain't broke don't fix it and all that sort of thing ....