Apple TV or Sony SMP-N100

geordieshandy

I see that - the Sony is only £120 mind. The Apple is a better looking bit of kit as one would expect.

Not sure if the Apple one can get 4OD, BBC iplayer etc, which would be useful seeing as Sky's Anytime is pretty much shit.

I think you can rent films on it, or use it to stream stuff from the pc onto the telly box. Which is kind of what I want to do but also look at iplayer on the tv. Which I think makes the Sony one the better bet. Unless you can't rent films on the Sony?

I think you can rent films on it, or use it to stream stuff from the pc onto the telly box. Which is kind of what I want to do but also look at iplayer on the tv. Which I think makes the Sony one the better bet. Unless you can't rent films on the Sony?

If you want to stream from your PC you could just get an XBox, all the streaming plus games too.

Ps3 is a canny bit more pricey though isn't it?

I just feel like with apple tv, you're restricted with what you can do with the files, and there'll be geographical restrictions on tv shows if they aren't on over here yet etc.

Already got a PS3 in another room, which I'm trying to get the streamy thing working with - on hold due to decorating. But this is for the living room, don't really want to shell out for a massive xbox to further clutter an already cluttered space.

Looks like it might be possible to do what I want with the Wii which is kind of gathering dust under the living room telly at the moment. At least to an extent, the picture quality will clearly not be anywhere near as good.

On a side note I truly detest decorating.