I don't know who made the decison, but..

snakehips

...well done for allowing both teams to wear their normal kits. For too long the FA/Refs have been obsessed with teams' kits being 'too closely matched, so you had better change something' ending up with NUFC wearing them fuckin' awful white shorts and socks. This has got so bad that I bet I'm not the only one to notice teams during the last world cup turning out all in blue or red or white, whatever, so there would be no clashing ;):icon_lol::D FIFA :icon_lol: The Old Firm have had both teams wearing white shorts without problems for years and the attitude of the officials in England was pissing me right off. However, whoever it was that made the decision, well done. Sunderland FC will no doubt be sending a thank you letter to the FA for allowing Newcastle United to wear their most glorious kit yesterday, thus brightening up their shithole of a ground for a short while.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
...well done for allowing both teams to wear their normal kits. For too long the FA/Refs have been obsessed with teams' kits being 'too closely matched, so you had better change something' ending up with NUFC wearing them fuckin' awful white shorts and socks. This has got so bad that I bet I'm not the only one to notice teams during the last world cup turning out all in blue or red or white, whatever, so there would be no clashing ;):icon_lol::D FIFA :icon_lol: The Old Firm have had both teams wearing white shorts without problems for years and the attitude of the officials in England was pissing me right off. However, whoever it was that made the decision, well done. Sunderland FC will no doubt be sending a thank you letter to the FA for allowing Newcastle United to wear their most glorious kit yesterday, thus brightening up their shithole of a ground for a short while.

Totally spot on, thought that at the time. Some of the biggest derbies we've had against them have been slightly tainted by this. The two O'Brien games and the Play Offs come to mind.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Totally spot on, thought that at the time. Some of the biggest derbies we've had against them have been slightly tainted by this. The two O'Brien games and the Play Offs come to mind.

The yellow shirt was superb man.

Anar.

It was mint, I wish I still had it, but Newcastle v Sunderland should always be black and white v red and white. You don't see the blue dippers against the wp's in their away kits or Spurs/Arsenal, imagine the outcry if Celtic played Rangers in their bumble bee top. [/tradionalitst]

Wasnt it Gullit who decided we would be "winners" in white shorts and socks because hed worn them at Milan and Ajax?

White socks it was, SBR tried to get them changed back but we had to play the full 99/00 with them cos the FA said do one.

fumaca1.jpg

Aye that was us the full season. I couldn't even remember what Fumaca looked like till I viewed this pic.

Anar.

Overdose of green with those kits mind. Better with blue shorts like in the mid 70's (a la Brazil)