Vital poll

trophyshy

Not the same thing really, but I love any of those Balkan savoury pastry things like burek, spanakopita and so on. A recipe combining those fillings with the virtues of British piedom would make me very happy, at least (though the blasphemy of it all would probably enrage a few million Greeks and Serbs).

Not the same thing really, but I love any of those Balkan savoury pastry things like burek, spanakopita and so on. A recipe combining those fillings with the virtues of British piedom would make me very happy, at least (though the blasphemy of it all would probably enrage a few million Greeks and Serbs).

spanakopita is a great shout, could easily be pieified.

What's in burek?

Spana kopita is brill like. :(

I'm quite partial to the branston pickle and mature cheddar pork pies. Or a good, old-fashioned stout-based steak pie cannot be beaten; I bought an excellent steak and Guinness pie at a farmer's market once. Mmm.

spanakopita is a great shout, could easily be pieified.

What's in burek?

Most typically either a feta cheese mixture (so not dissimilar to spanakopita... well, give or take the spinach!) or a ground meat/onion concoction. Not as dark or gravy-ish as you get in British mince pies though.

Quite like the idea of combining mince and feta, even though that'd probably give the whole of SE Europe a collective aneurysm.

Edited by Meenzer

As an aside to this poll I would also add that were someone to make a buttery mashed potato and baked bean pie, this would probably be my favourite.

Im now so excited about the above sentence that Im having words with the missus in the morning.

Cheers, that's an interesting one CT, might knock one of those up to try this week.

Some good insight here, I'm getting a word........ mince. :(

I'm getting a word too..........NONCE! :razz:

'buttery mash and baked beans pie' ??? WTF? You can tell CT is from south of the river!

I do like a chicken and mushroom pie, with puff pastry for the lid. Yum yum :razz:

My mum's Venison pie. Fucking magical.

No one has mentioned hairy surprisingly.

apart from the old dear's dear, what makes it so special Chez?

My mum's Venison pie. Fucking magical.

No one has mentioned hairy surprisingly.

apart from the old dear's dear, what makes it so special Chez?

Marmalade apparently. I've got the recipe somewhere, will hoy it up when i find it.

Thanks for not connecting the two parts of my post.