Shepherd Praises Ashley...McKeag Jr has a pop

Happy Face

FWIW, to get backon track, and hopefully minus those who can't read or have poor judgement, I don't believe Freddie Shepherd believes a word of what he says about Mike Ashley.

He believes, quite sincerely, that Mike Ashley is taking the club backwards. And he is right.

:icon_lol:

Superb

so why didn't he say "when will Mike Ashley match our league positions and why has the average league position [which you made such a fuss of a few weeks ago] dived massively downwards ?"

Reply to the post, rather than the poster.

Have you answered Sammynb yet :icon_lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long term i hope this lot sell up and fuck off (careful what we wish for though). For now the players we have are satisfactory, there will be players that leave in the future that the majority would prefer to stay but i dont expect the turnover to be as high as it was this summer. I still suspect that Pardew was happy to see Barton and Nolan leave, he knew who would replace them. Neither deal was financially beneficial to the club so this idea that we are on a long term 'selling club' strategy only really stacks up with the Carroll deal. Even the Enrique deal we just got our money back (and re-invested it in a very interesting way too).

The recent negativity and furore around the naming rights is of course correct and more should be done along the lines i suggested to Pud (although he never replied). However, one thing it is not is a lack of ambition. It might not be successful or it may just remain a massive insult to the fans and nowt else but it is ambition. Mis-placed and offensive but it is doing what you and Pud have been proposing and is consistent with a desire to push the club forward.

Edited by ChezGiven

Don't understand your vendetta Leazes. Not this one or any of them.

no vendetta, I just think its amusing when people have their heads so far up their arse they can't admit when they have been wrong about something.

Your amusement is to the massive detriment of the board.

unfortunately, I have stuck to my guns over the years, and what I have said is now happening, I suggest that those who insist I have been spouting rubbish [and still am when I am absolutely correct] is to the massive detriment of the board.

If Mike Ashley starts to show the ambition for the club and match his predecessor, I will be more than happy to admit that I have been wrong. No problem at all.

No. I can assure you, you going on about it constantly spoils the board mate. Those are the guns you should stop sticking to.

Even in this response you have, again, taken the opportunity to repeat your endless mantra.

No one cares man. People would have far more respect for you if you stopped going on about it.

I understand what you say. I however, would have more respect for idiots like the Grey man ie mancmag, if he admitted he has been wrong, and started listening and reading my posts rather than simply replying to the poster.

Unlike some other people, while I am obviously pleased we have won a few games etc [despite the claims of some others too, to the detriment of the board], I don't get carried away because I see the bigger long term picture.

Significantly, not too many people are disagreeing with me in the numbers or the manner that they used to.

But the 'idiots' as you call them are not pursuing anything from you. You are the one in perpetual pursuit of recognition of yourself or, relatedly, the denigration of others. Why can't you just move on? People have different views all the time in life, and they are entitled to change them as things move along. There has been thousands of views expressed and hundreds ridiculed on this board. Why is it that only you can't let one go? No one else carries on this way.

I thought going to Tenerife with wor lass and the family was a bad idea, and so it proved to be. I didn't force my girlfriend to admit it had been a bad idea, nor continue to slag her off until she did admit it. That would have made me an arsehole, especially seeing as we all suffered anyway. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy another holiday and it doesn't mean I think she is an idiot for not repeatedly telling me I was right.

Your continuous pursuit of individuals and desire to be recognised for holding (not too clairvoyant) views ultimately makes you look, at best, foolish. Ironic when you believe it is others who disagreed with you should be considered so. The difference is they don't care at all and you care too much.

You're often a canny poster but all this stuff, the years and years of it, completely erodes goodwill and enjoyment.

Be the change man. You can move on. Step into the light Carol Anne.

Anyway, that's it from me. I like to try every 6 months and was a few weeks overdue.

oh I agree that those views were quite easy to see, unfortunately the vast majority weren't able to see the blatantly obvious :ninja:

Long term i hope this lot sell up and fuck off (careful what we wish for though). For now the players we have are satisfactory, there will be players that leave in the future that the majority would prefer to stay but i dont expect the turnover to be as high as it was this summer. I still suspect that Pardew was happy to see Barton and Nolan leave, he knew who would replace them. Neither deal was financially beneficial to the club so this idea that we are on a long term 'selling club' strategy only really stacks up with the Carroll deal. Even the Enrique deal we just got our money back (and re-invested it in a very interesting way too).

The recent negativity and furore around the naming rights is of course correct and more should be done along the lines i suggested to Pud (although he never replied). However, one thing it is not is a lack of ambition. It might not be successful or it may just remain a massive insult to the fans and nowt else but it is ambition. Mis-placed and offensive but it is doing what you and Pud have been proposing and is consistent with a desire to push the club forward.

unfortunately, the manager will not see this money, therefore it is nothing of the kind.

Its not lacking ambition and consistent with a selling strategy though. The point is it might be nowt but there are certain people riding the current negativity to make points that are nothing to do with recent events.

selling your best players [behind the managers back and against his wishes] and losing the money down a big black hole, and telling us it has "gone" rather than allowing the manager freedom to try and build [and keep together] a good football team with players he wants, is unfortunately, a distinct sign of a club lacking in ambition.

Edited by LeazesMag