Anti-Virus

JawD

With Win 7 and the like having Defender (which I think is Firewall and Anti-Malware), do you think that is enough or is something like AVG worth having as an Anti-Virus as well? I believe it's best not to run two so if you have AVG should you disable Defender or visa versa or can the two run side by side fine?

Cheers

As in 'Windows Defender'?

I use that as well as it's seems to be automatic, AVG is pretty good. Seems to spot viruses quite fast.

I got rid of malwarebytes because it kept blocking things I didn't actually want it to - like wiziwig.eu for football streaming!

Aye, at the moment Im using Windows Defender + AVG and I occassionally run Spybot. They both sometimes hog system resources though and Id like something that wasnt so greedy. Defender as I understand is meant to throttle back if something else needs RAM etc but it doesnt seem to.

With Win 7 and the like having Defender (which I think is Firewall and Anti-Malware), do you think that is enough or is something like AVG worth having as an Anti-Virus as well? I believe it's best not to run two so if you have AVG should you disable Defender or visa versa or can the two run side by side fine?

Cheers

all the tech help sites say you shouldn't run 2 anti virus checkers. I run Avast [anti virus], Malwarebytes [anti malware] and that is all, apart from the Windows progs prob including Defender.