Hotels in Berlin

wykikitoon

I swear we've had this before, but can I fuck find the thread. Anyway all I know in Berlin is the Generator Hostel and my mates' spare room, so that doesn't really help you either way. Anywhere with a decent star rating and Tripadvisor score will be fine though, so go for location as much as anything - you'll want to be near an U-Bahn/S-Bahn station with decent routes to the rest of the city.

How is that Hostel Meenz? I'll probably end up in Berlin in the near future on a trip.

Absolutely fine really - it's massive, has a decent bar if you want to meet backpacking wankers/foreign lasses before you go out on the town, free wi-fi, and the staff are fairly helpful. Location isn't mega-central but it's fine really, especially if you're doing stuff on the eastern side of the city, and public transport runs all night including the trains at the weekend - there'll be better-located smaller hostels too though, I'm sure. Anyway, stayed there a few times over the years and basically it does what you'd want it to do for the price.

I recently stayed in the Ibis Mitte as per the thread Meenzer posted above.

When I got there I quickly realised I'd actually stayed there when I last went to Berlin which was back in 2003 for the Loveparade :lol:

It's not a shite hole but it's obviously not the Ritz either. Room size acceptable, clean, friendly staff, etc. Reasonably close to a well connected train station (Alexanderplatz) too. Decent value for what it was.

Think I'll give it a miss, the adjective you have settled upon to describe it is 'fine'. That doesn't convey enthusiasm or satisfaction, QUITE THE OPPOSITE IN FACT.

I am notoriously hard to please. <_<