Burning films on You Tube

LeazesMag

I've been trying to get a film on DVD for a while now, and unfortunately had to accept that it just isn't available. It was serialised on sky 1 years ago and is one of the best books I've read, and I want it on a DVD.

I have however found it on You Tube. How can you download this and put it onto a disk to play in a DVD player ?

This is it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isdJU0k_LvI

Edited by LeazesMag

Many thanks for the replies. I must admit that I can do whatever I want with a PC if I spend the time to

suss it out, but I just like to get on with something and get it done, I've been using dvd shrink to copy disks for a few years now. I realise it is out of date, so I'll have a look at these downloads and try them out.

Will they download "The Bombmaker" to my PC and then burn it to a disk ? Will it do the whole film or in the 3 parts ? And is there anything in particular to pay attention to when you do it ?

they will only download the files, you'll need to use a different program to burn the disc.

If it is on youtube in 3 parts, you'll need to download each one individually and if you want them to play as 1 film you'll need to edit them together prior to burning.

I'm guessing you're on a PC rather than a Mac? if so you can edit them in Windows Movie Maker (which I believe is free?) - you may need to transcode them to a different format to work with them? (I doubt Windows Movie Maker will let you work on FLV files for example but you can convert them with lots of programs to be .mov's or .avi's) then you just slap them end to end in the right order, trimming off any bits you don't want. Export the whole sequence to be a self contained clip and burn that using whatever dvd burning software you have such as Nero, or Encore or Sonic Scenarist. I'm a Mac user so I can't be too specific about what software is best on a PC unfortunately. Also if the source video isn't at least 720x576 pixels the quality won't be amazing as this is PAL SD standard. Hope that's some help?