Carping4Heroes

henda11

Alright lads i'm going to be going to Carping4Heroes this year, unfortunately won't be taking part though.

Basically Carping4Heroes is an event that uses carp fishing as a means to fundraise for the charity Help for Heroes, it was initially put together by ex soldier and keen carp angler Simon Bangert who had a vision to use the sport he loves to raise money for a charity which support our wounded soldiers, some of whom he has served with. Help for Heroes also support the rehabilitation centres such as Headley Court where Simon spent time himself trying to recover from a back problem before his medical discharge. He felt that carp fishing was an ideal sport to use to give something back and in early 2011 Carping4Heroes was born and on May 14th-15th 2011 the first Carping4Heroes event took place and raised an outstanding amount of £1842.70p.

So if any of you have even a spare £1 to donate then it is much appreciated.

You can donate by going to http://www.justgiving.com/Carping4Heroes

There is also a raffle draw, with tons are fishing prizes, although i appreciate non of you may be interested in fishing, but those can be accessed at :-

http://www.carping4heroes.co.uk/shop/#ecwid:category=2541247&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal

I was in an accident where both my knees got ripped up both femurs broken and one pushed up through the back of my pelvis, broke 6 ribs dislocated both shoulders, broke both collar bones and did some muscular damage to my back. I was there to recover from my injuries and learn how to walk again and stuff. And to be assessed for possible return to active service. the last bit didn't happen :thumbup:

Just a vehicle accident.

Not really fixed I can walk and jog a few yards. I can ride a bike and if I wear enough strapping I can snowboard for a couple of hours.

I am in pain pretty much constantly but it's not that bad and have decided that i prefer that than feeling the mongness of strong painkillers.

I was in an accident where both my knees got ripped up both femurs broken and one pushed up through the back of my pelvis, broke 6 ribs dislocated both shoulders, broke both collar bones and did some muscular damage to my back. I was there to recover from my injuries and learn how to walk again and stuff. And to be assessed for possible return to active service. the last bit didn't happen :thumbup:

Bloody hell KCG, have you mentioned any of this before on here?