Darksiders 2

Andrew

I never played the first, the reviews for this (and the stuff in the collectors ed) have swayed me to buy, need something decent on the console.

Its damn good so far, after fucking around with codes for on disc DLC and having to create a proprietary ubisoft account to link to my facebook so I could get the stuff I paid for that is.

fucking publishers

think assassins creed make you do that as well

uPlay or some shite?, might buy this tonight when i pick the kid brother up from work,

was trying to grind my gear in dragons dogma when i realised it was boring the balls of me, and grinding gear to play through the same storyline pretty much a 2nd time was pointless.

Its not the uplay thing here it was something else, which has now reminded me that ubisoft have 2 different proprietary user account systems. What a sack of balls

• 2 weeks later...

First one is quality, Andrew. If you like Zelda at all, you'll love it since it's basically just that with some mechanics ripped out of Portal later on.

Really? I'm a big Zelda fan since I was a little lad. Then it's about time I played the first part, I've seen trailers of this second part and it looked pretty sweet.

Edited by 3bdelilah

• 1 month later...

This is so poor compared to the original, I can barely believe it's the same studio. Zelda mechanics replaced with worse puzzles and there's really not 20 hours of good gameplay in here. The loot system is pretty poor too, especially considering it just throws new weapons at you every 5 seconds that are all basically the same. It was really fun for 2 or so hours in the middle there with The Foundry and the Shadow of the Colossus rip-off boss battle but this current Land of the Dead crap is terrible. I remember the boss battles being better first time round too but that could be nostalgia. In fact, I just remember the first game being a far more engaging playthrough; combat, level design, Mark Hamill as your little undead pal, the level that took Portal's mechanics and applied it to a Zelda dungeon.

Maybe I just prefer Zelda games to whatever this is. Something will come out this year that won't disappoint me, I'm sure.

ah right, never played it i just assumed it was the same sort've thing.

Nah, no randomised loot or owt like that. Was more simplistic in terms of its weapon mechanics but I'm a dungeon puzzle solving kind of man and miss it. I recommend the first one btw. You'll get it for cheap as chips.