Gone Fishing in the Off Season

The Fish

Don't do them yet, wait till the season is about to start/starts, or the window closes.

It's too big a task to leave to the last minute mate. I've got to get about 15 answers from 20 odd people from 20 clubs, cherry pick the interesting/funny/controversial ones, remove all the swear-words to get past the ridiculous profanity filters at work (this often means trawling through each answer individually a couple of times to make sure I've not missed anything, as you'd be surprised at the variety of swear words there actually are), format, and post it. This took at least 2 hours per club, when I was doing it one at a time. Doing 2 clubs at once means I've got to not only balance the opinions, but also it'll take longer to format as I'll want to make it easy for those reading to differentiate between the fans of the two clubs.

Now, given it's 20 clubs, that's 6,000 answers I've got to receive, cherry pick, edit, proof-read for hidden profanities, format, post. If I left it to the last minute, I'd have to work solidly for 2 days or stretch it over these next 4 weeks which means I'll still be spending 10hrs a week on this.

and that's assuming I can

1) find a message board with sufficient traffic

2) get actual answers (I hold no hope of this with the mackems)

3) can be arsed.

Right I'll probably have Man Utd & Man City done by tomorrow morning, but I'm not sure the best way to upload them, There's pictures, graphs and whatnot, y'see...

Also when it's done, I'd be grateful for as much feedback as possible.

I'm of the view that the gone fishing and match thread board is too hidden to get the appreciation it deserves. And going on the number of responses fish has had to his excellent effort I think that's been proven.... Unless people have read it and think it's not worth a response?

Show of hands, who has found it so far?

I'm of the view that the gone fishing and match thread board is too hidden to get the appreciation it deserves. And going on the number of responses fish has had to his excellent effort I think that's been proven.... Unless people have read it and think it's not worth a response?

Show of hands, who has found it so far?

The only reason I found it is because I'd read all the threads in the Newcastle forum but it was still showing as unread, so I investigated further. Otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it.

Well here it is http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/34397-man-utd-man-city-pre-season-fishing-trip/

I'm guessing when he gets the chance Ant will pop a link on the front page.

Ant, any chance you could have the font format change when there's a new post? Maybe pimp the size/colour to really make it stand out?