New Approach?

The Fish

I remember when NUFC appointed Fat Sam. There were question marks over his ability to change his style of play. IIRC he stated he would have loved to play more attractive football when at Bolton, but he didn't have the "right resources" back then, so it would change at NUFC. Well we all know the outcome ...My point: Pardew is the same stupid stubborn twat as Allardyce. Over the years he's constantly been saying how his teams "always play on the front-foot", which is basically utter crap as we've only done that for one season (2011-12).I'd say we'll win more games next season simply because of more individual class (Cabella, De Jong etc.), not because of Pardew changing his philosophy.

We will win.more games because we have better players ? Are you taking the piss.

Just look at the type of players we've signed so far;Cabella looks to operate in that gap between striker and midfield, but more than that, the thing that has been spoken about most is his intelligence and movement. It's his mobility and endeavour that people have been so excited to see.De Jong is another that likes to play off a main striker, and again it's not his clinical finishing people have been speaking about, but it's his intelligence and movement.Perez is a young striker who's apparently hard working and mobile.Riviere is a player whose movement and energy is lauded above anything else.Janmaat is, for me, a like for like replacement in terms of quality for Debuchy. However the reviews and reports I've seen indicate he's a more defensively minded fullback, suggesting (to me at least) that the creative players won't be asked to defend as much as they were before.Colback has been bought because, imo, he's got a better range of passing than, say Anita, Sissoko or Tiote who're happier with short 5 yarders. In case we need to change things up. Ferreyra is an opportunistic signing, but again he's regarded for his ability to pull the defence here and there, opening up space for his team mates. This looks to me like Newcastle have bought players that can play a style closer to the controlled possession of teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, Swansea etc. and move further away from the rigid styles of Stoke, West Ham, Palace (under Pulis) etc. I'm not saying Pardew can provide that style, I'm not saying these players will play that style, but it looks like the players we've signed would flourish in that style.

Still plenty of money left too if he really wants a better team.

We will win.more games because we have better players ? Are you taking the piss.

I said we have more individual class. It's obvious we have more potential matchwinners in the team with the likes of Cabella, Riviere and De Jong. Last year we relied on Cabaye (only half a season) and Remy alone.