Black Managers

Park Life

Sorry mate but you're letting an emotive subject get away from you.

You're putting words into my mouth and I think rather than let you get angrier I'm just going to back away.

You don't want to answer valid points so you say I'm letting an emotive subject get away from me? :lol:

Nothing annoys me more than people losing objectivity because of emotive subjects...

My first point was a question asking you confirm what you said in your previous post. I said people were ignoring the views of potential BME candidates after talking about what Olivier Bernard said and you then said you weren't ignoring, you were "disagreeing". All I did was ask you if actually disagreed with what Bernard said. Because, you know, after saying you disagreed with potential BME candidates, one should be able to assume that you disagreed with the only BME person I was talking about in my post, without being accused of putting words into your mouth.

My second point was another perfectly valid question. You said you didn't think the Rooney Rule would increase the number of BME coaches and managers and I asked why. Considering the only other example of the rule being employed has seen a 300% increase in the number of BME head coaches in the following 10 years, I don't see the issue. Was it here that I put words into your mouth or appeared angry?

My third point is pretty clear. Not really sure how I can word it any better. I guess I can see why you would think I was putting words in your mouth here, but I wasn't really changing what you said as opposed to just pointing out how you were contradicting yourself. If you say you aren't bringing it down to one factor, it doesn't make sense for you to say in the previous sentence that the solution to the issue is "the FA spending actual money on training them". If you think there's more than one factor, surely only increasing the amount of money on training will not resolve the issue? And I still fail to see where I have appeared angry so far in my post.

I accepted your point that the Rooney Rule would not resolve the issue. I've said throughout that the Rooney Rule is not meant to be the be-all and end-all solution (granted, we disagree on whether the Rooney Rule will have any impact, but bare in mind my argument is based on fairly conclusive evidence from America, whereas yours is based on absolutely nothing).

I then go on the bring up the home-grown players rule, because it's a good comparison, if I do say so myself. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8858634.stm)

The 2010-11 Premier League season will see top flight clubs forced to comply with rules over the size and make-up of their squads.

The Premier League says the new rules are designed to increase the number of young 'home-grown' players in the Premier League, with a long-term aim of giving more options to the England manager.

Given that the two are quite similar, is it not fair to question why people have an issue with one and not the other? I asked if you were against the home-grown players rule for clarification and ended my post with a few ironic exclamation points. As far as I can see, this is as angry as my post gets. But I think it was pretty clear that I was joking, rather than expressing my anger.

If anyone is letting the subject get away from them, it certainly isn't me.

(hope I didn't put any words in your mouth or come off overly aggressive in this post)

Edited by Bictor

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 300% figure is surprising, had no idea it was so successful. Why not try it here? Even if it doesn't really work I've yet to hear a decent argument against it really. An ideal world it shouldn't be necessary but as has been said, it's not a quota, just a chance to have your shot at selling yourself and your ideas so it's not like it's hurting anybody.