Halo 5 : Guardians

Andrew

Out on Tuesday, got it yesterday and have been making my way through the campaign.

Not a lot new to say about Halo really, everyone knows the deal by now.

Who else is picking it up?

It's odd, i've never played a single halo, i used to hate playing FPS on consoles because i was so used to playing them on the pc and the analog sticks just seemed too slow in comparison.

Same because i'm used to it now but i really couldn't be arsed going back to play through the originals to get up to speed, earlier ones look far too dated to keep me interested.

Going pick up rock band 4 this week i think though

Wait, is Rock Band a game that you actually like?!

I'm liquidating my assets as this is surely the End Times.

Is it worth buying the XBone for?

Finished the campaign on Normal last night and had a couple of multiplayer matches afterwards, I don't think that it alone is worth getting the console for (I don't think any game is worth spending £300 + or whatever on).

I think its worth stepping up a gen to the X1/PS4 generation from 360/PS3 though.

Aye, I'd agree that now is a good time to jump on before everything flies out early next year. As for this, it just reconfirmed my chronic lack of interest in first person shooters. Was hoping that one might grab me after having not played any for about 2 years but nowt. Now, The Talos Principle. That's a first person game I can get behind.

Absolutely no idea how the competitive ranking system works or what it means for matchmaking but I've been given a platinum rank after playing a while last night.

This being the second top rank I imagine I'm now due some bummings by people who actually deserve that rank and I'll never win again.