Rocket League

Rayvin

Just picked this up on PC and coincided with a bargain half price sale!

I got it on the US store so not sure on the sterling rate but it's $10 right now for anyone tempted.

Added you on Steam @Rayvin I have a dumb username. ;) 

1 hour ago, adios said:

Just picked this up on PC and coincided with a bargain half price sale!

I got it on the US store so not sure on the sterling rate but it's $10 right now for anyone tempted.

Added you on Steam @Rayvin I have a dumb username. ;) 

You'd think more people would be interested in this given that it's a superior version of FIFA, but apparently no!

29 minutes ago, adios said:

Played this on PC last night and now I can't figure out why I own a PS4...

:lol:

It is far better on PC. Have you tried doing the season yet? Or whatever they call it. Like a single player league with bots. I did several runs of that before I finally won a season. and then decided I was good enough to brave online.

It's particularly stupid when you consider I've got the PC hooked up to the TVs anyway.  I guess I just thought my graphics card was too shit.

I haven't started a season yet, but I'm planning on doing that after the training (still want to do a few days of that).

I remember struggling with the season so much, trying to reach the playoffs. And the last time I tried, I won every game by a score exceeding 8-0 :D

Once you win it, you're basically ready IMO.

Edited by Rayvin

On 11/18/2017 at 1:51 AM, Rayvin said:

Also, before the online play you should allegedly be able to win against bots in a 1 v 3. With you as the 1. If you can manage that, you should be fine online.

Thought this was a joke when you said it but now I'm much less sure. :lol: 

15 minutes ago, adios said:

Thought this was a joke when you said it but now I'm much less sure. :lol: 

...yeah, not joking. Sorry!

EDIT - tbh, I was told you had to win the 1v4 version...

Edited by Rayvin

It'll be a long auld slog I think.  I'm a lot more comfortable with superstar training but am currently just doing a rookie season (which is way too easy but lets me get a feel for the team/pitch dynamics).

I haven't put many hours in either as I've been particularly irritable this last week or so. <_<

2 hours ago, adios said:

It'll be a long auld slog I think.  I'm a lot more comfortable with superstar training but am currently just doing a rookie season (which is way too easy but lets me get a feel for the team/pitch dynamics).

I haven't put many hours in either as I've been particularly irritable this last week or so. <_<

The thing is, I loved playing the bots and getting better. So that made it enjoyable for me. If you're finding it painful, then yeah, it'll be a hell of a journey. Still worth it though in the end, the online play is really enjoyable.

I'm defo enjoying it, just think it'll take quite a while to get me to a half-decent level.

Just trying to play a bit every day and not worry too much about how long it takes.

:lol:

One of the guys on my team has made an art out of spinning in the air in front of the enemy goal, and just slightly touching the ball from someone else's shot so that he gets the goal. 

Hate that guy :D

• 2 weeks later...

This game is pretty incredible and I hope I stick with it.

Currently watching two American college teams playing some sort of championship on twitch. <_<  

And yeah it's got a large following and a good e-sport community. I've played against a couple of the pro-players. In fact, my Steam background thingy is a screenshot of me beating one of them :lol:

It's a shame more people on here don't give it a try, it really hits the spot for football esque games for me. Might just be me though. Has positioning, importance of shot power, strength, control, etc.

Just hang in there, it becomes immeasurably more fun once you get the hang of the basics and you can really feel yourself improving.

Edited by Rayvin

Aye, it felt good today when I watched that video I was talking about earlier and aerials just clicked.  Still a long way to go but it's enjoyable.

Can't believe how much fun it is to watch the matches, don't think I've ever watched esports before.

Just watched this whole thing. :lol:  

Just now, adios said:

Kronovi is dreamy.

:lol: It's weird to see someone say this outside of the e-sports community.

Kuxir97 is probably the most skilled player I've seen though ;)