Latest Newcastle United Accounts revealed 2015/16

trooper

Describing Sissoko leaving as: "The much anticipated departure" is class btw :lol:

As far as the club sort of announcing it I assume it was in the notes? I've not had much experience with IFRS but under U.S. GAAP you do have to make statements regarding major events that will impact the financial statements in the months following the close of accounts and I assume 40m is material enough to demand disclosure. 

Also I wouldn't take it as any intention to spend loads as they've also noted that the next accounts will show a spend due to the transfers out being payments over a number of years (again I'm fairly sure all of this has to be disclosed so wouldn't read too much into it).

Edited by Howay

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that we supposedly pay for players up front then what is the £28.5m accrual relating to player registrations mean under the creditors section?

Not sure, have we always paid up front for players? as it increased by about 26m from 2015 to 2016, so perhaps he relaxed the rules a little when bringing in Wijnaldum and co? That's all I could think it could be since they are saying it is relating to payables on player registrations.

That amount is only to creditors due in the next year as well, there's also 9.8m (up from 3.2m in 2015) in payables for player registrations due past one year. With it being something that even existed in at least one prior year I'd assume the club had relaxed the rules on all the money being paid up front.

Edited by Howay

Cheers. This is what I was interested in....

https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/status/851789517367504896

Wonder if the wonga replacement can finally lift us to unprecedented commercial performance. We won't find out until the year after next.