Magic the Gathering Arena

Rayvin

Is it any good? I never played Online as the client was absolute shite.

I used to play a lot in college/university and then dropped off but picked up again lately as Mrs A asked me to teach her how to play so now we're both down the rabbit hole and have less money than we used to.

Haha, that's how it goes.

I think the client is solid. The previous iterations I was a bit unsure about but i can't complain about this one in any particular sense. The timeout system to hurry up slower players stops the game becoming frustrating, and in general I think the graphics and interface are solid.

I've quite happily sunk a few hours into it. The only real problem is that many people are unimaginative bores and all use the same deck alignments. It was a big problem at the start when only 3 sets were available but it has become less significant now that they have 8 sets. More variety in opponents as a result.

I've managed to get to Gold rank with my deck.

Also there's a friend system to play people you know, so you can use it for long distance games with friends.