Sign in to follow this  
Emre

free protecton

ive been using mcafee security centre for a while now but my anti virus protection subscription has ran out and i dont want to pay for the new one.

so im looking for any good suggestion for free firewalls/antivirus protection since ive tried numerous before and never found one i liked.

cheers

why don't you want to pay?

I'd have thought your pc and internet was important enough to shell out a few quid.................................

ive been using mcafee security centre for a while now but my anti virus protection subscription has ran out and i dont want to pay for the new one.

so im looking for any good suggestion for free firewalls/antivirus protection since ive tried numerous before and never found one i liked.

cheers

101435[/snapback]

I don't think you can beat ZoneAlarm for free firewall protection (in fact I've gone back to it after paying for 2 other packages, which were worse).

I go to www.antivirus.com regularly to scan my computer for free but I'd only recommend that if you're fairly virus-savvy; there is a free product called AVG which I've seen a few people recommend.

cheers

101435[/snapback]

I don't think you can beat ZoneAlarm for free firewall protection (in fact I've gone back to it after paying for 2 other packages, which were worse).

I go to www.antivirus.com regularly to scan my computer for free but I'd only recommend that if you're fairly virus-savvy; there is a free product called AVG which I've seen a few people recommend.

101635[/snapback]

I use both of those, and I'd recommend them, just DON'T use Norton !!!!

Yeh I've learnt my lesson with Norton before, really fucks up the speed of your comp... went for AVG... so far so good... thanks guys.

AVG Free Edition

SpywareGuard

SpywareBlaster

Windows Service Pack 2 with Firewall enabled

Ad-Aware

Spybot

All them, and your PC is safe.

AVG Free Edition

SpywareGuard

SpywareBlaster

Ad-Aware

Spybot

105983[/snapback]

Use with caution, the last time I checked this was not a full firewall, it only stops traffic one way.

Good idea with the spyware stuff.

AVG Free Edition

SpywareGuard

SpywareBlaster

Ad-Aware

Spybot

105983[/snapback]

Use with caution, the last time I checked this was not a full firewall, it only stops traffic one way.

Good idea with the spyware stuff.

106122[/snapback]

I've been using spybot, zone alarm, mailwasher and Anti Vir for ages, the anti vir picked up a two trojans, one my daughter let through -- aaah she's young...but the other one I stopped.

I am not sure if the new version of anti-vir is going to change into a pay system soon, the download suggest it may be so.

If it does, then I will change over to AVG, which supposedly clashes with mailwasher but if it does then I will rely on AVG to scan e-mails, because I get a lot.