free protecton

Emre

ive been using mcafee security centre for a while now but my anti virus protection subscription has ran out and i dont want to pay for the new one.

so im looking for any good suggestion for free firewalls/antivirus protection since ive tried numerous before and never found one i liked.

cheers

ive been using mcafee security centre for a while now but my anti virus protection subscription has ran out and i dont want to pay for the new one.

so im looking for any good suggestion for free firewalls/antivirus protection since ive tried numerous before and never found one i liked.

cheers

101435[/snapback]

I don't think you can beat ZoneAlarm for free firewall protection (in fact I've gone back to it after paying for 2 other packages, which were worse).

I go to www.antivirus.com regularly to scan my computer for free but I'd only recommend that if you're fairly virus-savvy; there is a free product called AVG which I've seen a few people recommend.

cheers

101435[/snapback]

I don't think you can beat ZoneAlarm for free firewall protection (in fact I've gone back to it after paying for 2 other packages, which were worse).

I go to www.antivirus.com regularly to scan my computer for free but I'd only recommend that if you're fairly virus-savvy; there is a free product called AVG which I've seen a few people recommend.

101635[/snapback]

I use both of those, and I'd recommend them, just DON'T use Norton !!!!

AVG Free Edition

SpywareGuard

SpywareBlaster

Windows Service Pack 2 with Firewall enabled

Ad-Aware

Spybot

All them, and your PC is safe.

105983[/snapback]

Use with caution, the last time I checked this was not a full firewall, it only stops traffic one way.

Good idea with the spyware stuff.

AVG Free Edition

SpywareGuard

SpywareBlaster

Windows Service Pack 2 with Firewall enabled

Ad-Aware

Spybot

All them, and your PC is safe.

105983[/snapback]

Use with caution, the last time I checked this was not a full firewall, it only stops traffic one way.

Good idea with the spyware stuff.

106122[/snapback]

I've been using spybot, zone alarm, mailwasher and Anti Vir for ages, the anti vir picked up a two trojans, one my daughter let through -- aaah she's young...but the other one I stopped.

I am not sure if the new version of anti-vir is going to change into a pay system soon, the download suggest it may be so.

If it does, then I will change over to AVG, which supposedly clashes with mailwasher but if it does then I will rely on AVG to scan e-mails, because I get a lot.