Robinson may retire..

Scottish Mag

Ex-Newcastle United striker Paul Robinson may quit football after failing to earn a deal at Aberdeen.

Robinson has been training with The Dons after spending last season in The Conference with York City.

The 26-year-old was unable to convince Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood to offer him a contract at Pittodrie and he is now questioning his future.

He has shunned the chance to join Ross County and is now believed to be on the verge of retiring from football.

Robinson started his career at Darlington before joining Newcastle in 1998, for whom he made 14 appearances.

The forward then moved to Wimbledon in a £1.5 million switch in 2000 but his career has since gone on a downward spiral.

Spells at Blackpool and Hartlepool United were not a success and he played the past campaign at York, making his last appearance in April.

Whenever Gullit starts talking shit about Shearer and Newcastle again it should be remembered that he actually thought this lad was a good player and chose him ahead of Shearer in THAT match.

Whenever Gullit starts talking shit about Shearer and Newcastle again it should be remembered that he actually thought this lad was a good player and chose him ahead of Shearer in THAT match.

7833[/snapback]

Aye, he was also a self confessed Mackem who was quoted as saying he would 'cry' if he scored for us against them. Very sexy Ruudy.

I shudder to think that he played 14 times for us.

Even scarier is that someone paid £1.5m for him!

Maybe he can get a start up-front anlongside Paul Dalglish elsewhere.

I shudder to think that he played 14 times for us.

Even scarier is that someone paid £1.5m for him!

Maybe he can get a start up-front anlongside Paul Dalglish elsewhere.

8000[/snapback]

Fantastic bit of business. Mind, I think Wimbledon have done slightly better out of the transactions between the two clubs over the years.

Never!

Carl Cort and Warren Barton for a combined £13m?

Awesome.

8005[/snapback]

Not to mention Glyn Hodges, Andy Thorn and Dave Beasant.

Yes, but £7m for Carl Cort. Great bit of business by Freddy there.

£5m for Centre Partin'. He once scored from really far out for Wimbledon.

Remember we were linked with Euell for years? We appear to have gotten off lightlyby charlton snapping him up, before we could offer them £20m, or something like that.

Yes, but £7m for Carl Cort. Great bit of business by Freddy there.

£5m for Centre Partin'. He once scored from really far out for Wimbledon.

Remember we were linked with Euell for years? We appear to have gotten off lightlyby charlton snapping him up, before we could offer them £20m, or something like that.

8008[/snapback]

When we paid £4million (I think) for Barton it was a world record for a defender! Now I like the bloke, but I don't think he was quite best defender in the world. Close, but not quite ;)

Man, I was so excited about that season. I didn't know much about Barton, all I knew was that he cost more than Roberto Carlos, so in terms of ability, surely he was better also!

We signed Hislop and Ferdinand that season also I think. There was a brand new kit(the Grandad one) and all was rosey.

I was kind of hoping to get that feeling of optimism back for this coming season-no luck so far!

Man, I was so excited about that season. I didn't know much about Barton, all I knew was that he cost more than Roberto Carlos, so in terms of ability, surely he was better also!

We signed Hislop and Ferdinand that season also I think. There was a brand new kit(the Grandad one) and all was rosey.

I was kind of hoping to get that feeling of optimism back for this coming season-no luck so far!

8016[/snapback]

You're forgetting a certain French Winger; clue: much better than Robert ;)