Ranieri

Isegrim

I said in the past that I am not a big fan of Ranieri who I consider more a clown than a football manager.

My respect increased a bit after reading something today. During his time out Ranieri took the chance to watch Barcelonas training methods who are a bit like a revolution to todays football. Barcas fitness coach is a professor who first trained the handball team before taking over at the football team. The basic of the new training is that the most important attribute in football is pace not stamina. Therefore there aren't things like endurance runs happening in training but just short sprints and runs for 3 mins at the most. Also the ball is involved in nearly the whole training. Though, I don't know about 5-a-side games and flying tackles...

Ah i'm quite surprised at that as at Chelski when he left some of the players complained about the long runs they seemed to go on and hardly ever spending time with the ball

Bryan Robson spent months at Juventus studying their training methods, but he's still on the verge of another relegation. :D

115467[/snapback]

I know that a placement at another club doesn't simply make someone a good manager. Berti Vogts went to clubs all over the world and obviously learnt nothing.

It is just that I hope that a new manager would bring in a new culture to the club. And if someone (successfully) tried to copy the training and playing style of Barcelona it just would be great (not GREAT).

Bryan Robson spent months at Juventus studying their training methods, but he's still on the verge of another relegation. :D

115467[/snapback]

I know that a placement at another club doesn't simply make someone a good manager. Berti Vogts went to clubs all over the world and obviously learnt nothing.

It is just that I hope that a new manager would bring in a new culture to the club. And if someone (successfully) tried to copy the training and playing style of Barcelona it just would be great (not GREAT).

115481[/snapback]

Says a lot about our club when we get a hard on at the thought of someone replicating the training methods at Barcelona at our own club.

We are crying out for some originality, some dispassionate, inependent thinking.

115467[/snapback]

Difficult to see properly through the bottom of a bottle.