The Metro

WubbleUC

BASTARDS.

Went up to West Funky Monky to buy my ticket this morning, which is usually 2.20 for my City Return, or 1.50 for my Non-City Return, depending on where I'm going. Canny value I think.

Aye, well the bastards have only gone and changed everything. They've scrapped the above tickets, and replaced them with 3 numbers, and various zones. It's now going to cost me 3.00 to get to Town, and I'm sorry, but that's a fucking disgrace for the Metro.

I was paying less than 1.80 a few years back, and since then, fuck all has changed to show my money has been well spent. It's exactly the same as it was.

The Government and Local Councils want to attract people off the road and onto trains and buses, and they think this is a going to help!? Well all it's done is spurred me onto booking more driving lessons and getting through my test. Having worked it out, I'd spend less on petrol and the like.

Edited by WubbleUC

To think they claimed that it would benefit you the more stops you were going through. Obviously Monkseaton isn't classed as far away enough. :o

I stopped using the Metro and bought a car not long after they extended to Sunderland. I used to get to the Metro station at rush hour and have to wait 5 minutes top. After the extension opened I was waiting around 15 minutes.

To think they claimed that it would benefit you the more stops you were going through. Obviously Monkseaton isn't classed as far away enough.  :o

I stopped using the Metro and bought a car not long after they extended to Sunderland. I used to get to the Metro station at rush hour and have to wait 5 minutes top. After the extension opened I was waiting around 15 minutes.

8906[/snapback]

Aye mate, it's shite now. It's delayed loads, on a regular basis aswell.

BASTARDS.

Went up to West Funky Monky to buy my ticket this morning, which is usually 2.20 for my City Return, or 1.50 for my Non-City Return, depending on where I'm going. Canny value I think.

Aye, well the bastards have only gone and changed everything. They've scrapped the above tickets, and replaced them with 3 numbers, and various zones. It's now going to cost me 3.00 to get to Town, and I'm sorry, but that's a fucking disgrace for the Metro.

I was paying less than 1.80 a few years back, and since then, fuck all has changed to show my money has been well spent. It's exactly the same as it was.

The Government and Local Councils want to attract people off the road and onto trains and buses, and they think this is a going to help!? Well all it's done is spurred me onto booking more driving lessons and getting through my test. Having worked it out, I'd spend less on petrol and the like.

8898[/snapback]

90 p a litre which will take you 7-10 miles

plus parking

plus depreciation

plus the stress of driving

plus not being able to have a skinfull after work

Still good value kidda - about the price of a drink or two...............

In recent years when I sometimes travelled back to uni I aimed to catch the 8.24 train from the central. I'd grab a lift in with my Dad and walk from his work- but the time we normally arrived meant I'd walk as far as Haymarket then jump on the Metro as otherwise I'd be cutting it very fine for the train. It used to cost a quid- for about a minute on the train. I think it's actually gone up since then.

My uncle was travelling home to South Shields after a boozy night in town one weekend when a lass (I use the term loosely having seen a picture of her) decided to bray a bloke she was with over the head with a glass bottle. My uncle and one of his mates stepped in to stop her and she went absolutely mental and eventually bit a chunk out of one of his forearms.

Unluckily for her, my uncle is a police sargeant for Northumbria Police and she's since been nicely locked up for her trouble. :o

Haha, excellent ;)

Where do you get your cats in hats?  My girlfriends got a wall of cats at work, so I'd like to email her some now she's moved into her new office.

9028[/snapback]

I'll PM you the link. Don't want to spoil any of my future disguise surprises.... :o

Minus sitting in the smell of stale urine and having some little chaver scrote kick the windows out so you have to stand in the pissing rain at shriemoor for 30 minutes.

8995[/snapback]

well you've obviously been in his car - I haven't