owen

daveytait176

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has reiterated the club's stance that Michael Owen will not be made available for transfer in the summer.

Owen was one of last summer's most high profile signings when quitting Real Madrid for Tyneside.

The England marksman was billed as the man to fire Newcastle back into the UEFA Champions League reckoning.

However, things have not gone according to plan as Newcastle have badly underperformed and Owen has been on the sidelines since December with a foot injury.

It has been suggested that Owen would not accept a second successive season without European football, which now seems certain, and will look for a route out of St James' Park.

Shepherd has repeatedly denied stories concerning Owen's departure and was steadfast on the subject on Tuesday.

"Michael is on a four-year contract with us and we do not see any reason why he will not see that out. It's a simple as that," Shepherd told the Newcastle Evening Chronicle.

what a load of balls, if the club was offered a small profit on his fee then shepard would sell him like he did with woodgate :lol:

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has reiterated the club's stance that Michael Owen will not be made available for transfer in the summer.

Owen was one of last summer's most high profile signings when quitting Real Madrid for Tyneside.

The England marksman was billed as the man to fire Newcastle back into the UEFA Champions League reckoning.

However, things have not gone according to plan as Newcastle have badly underperformed and Owen has been on the sidelines since December with a foot injury.

It has been suggested that Owen would not accept a second successive season without European football, which now seems certain, and will look for a route out of St James' Park.

Shepherd has repeatedly denied stories concerning Owen's departure and was steadfast on the subject on Tuesday.

"Michael is on a four-year contract with us and we do not see any reason why he will not see that out. It's a simple as that," Shepherd told the Newcastle Evening Chronicle.

what a load of balls, if the club was offered a small profit on his fee then shepard would sell him like he did with woodgate  :lol:

116715[/snapback]

Sounds almost as if he's leaving on a free. :lol:

I'm a Liverpool fan. Can we have him back now please. Do you lot even like him. Go on, we'll give you Traore.

116753[/snapback]

We'll take £27m + Traore, our money back on Owen plus £10m for taking Traore off your hands, "He can't, he can't, he can't, he can't, he can't, he can't control his feet!".

I'm a Liverpool fan. Can we have him back now please. Do you lot even like him. Go on, we'll give you Traore.

116753[/snapback]

We'll take £27m + Traore, our money back on Owen plus £10m for taking Traore off your hands, "He can't, he can't, he can't, he can't, he can't, he can't control his feet!".

116757[/snapback]

but you'll take traore? that's the main thing

116753[/snapback]

116757[/snapback]

but you'll take traore? that's the main thing

116758[/snapback]

Give us another 5m and we'll take Cisse as well just so we have a matching pair of useless french national team players.

Traore's a Malian international but he thanks you for his promotion. He also thanks you for his promotion to "useless".

Cisse will do alright for someone.

Anyway my proposition is redundant as Shephard says Owen's staying and he's a man you'd trust with your life.

Traore's a Malian international but he thanks you for his promotion. He also thanks you for his promotion to "useless".

Anyway my proposition is redundant as Shephard says Owen's staying and he's a man you'd trust with your life.

116763[/snapback]

I think the useless pair of French Internationals he means are Cisse and Boumsong.

116763[/snapback]

I think the useless pair of French Internationals he means are Cisse and Boumsong.

116880[/snapback]

Hush your mouth!!! :lol: