AVI files with no sound

Jusoda Kid

Managed to get my hands on the full season 1 of the sopranos but when i went to play them there was no sound then i got a pop up saying that quicktime was missing software but it didn't say what, never happened before anyone had the same problem and solved it.

TIA

I'm on a Mac

Try downloading DivX player and opening them through that. Or download the latest DivX player, install it and then try again through Quicktime as it might update the codecs or whatever the hell they call them.

When I've had this bother in the past DivX has saved the day.

not sure if it works with Macs, though theres probably an equivalent, but if you download GSpot it'll tell you exactly what codec you need

128936[/snapback]

Doesn't work on Macs mate.

Tried installing every codec i can get my hands on and still no joy, two days of downloading wasted.

this'll tell you what codec it is... if you have VLC media player

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

Open the file in VLC. Pause the movie if you like. Open the Info window (Cmd-I). There should be listed ‘Stream 0′ and ‘Stream 1′ with little triangles. Press the triangles to get more detailed information.

Edited by luckypierre

• 3 weeks later...

Try downloading this, its media player classic.

I had exactly the same problem, I downloaded Season 1 of The Shield and I couldn't get any sound, I tried Dvix and all the rest but couldn't get any joy until I tried this:

Clicky here