Huth

Kid Dynamite

The mirrors match report today reckons we bid 'many millions more' then boro did for huth on the last day of the season. I dont know whats scarier, the fact we were willing to pay 9-10mil for an unproven CB to replace boumsong, or the fact we learned absoultely nothing fromt the luque fiasco

The mirrors match report today reckons we bid 'many millions more' then boro did for huth on the last day of the season. I dont know whats scarier, the fact we were willing to pay 9-10mil for an unproven CB to replace boumsong, or the fact we learned absoultely nothing fromt the luque fiasco

Isn't he a rapper?

Guest Patrokles

A few media sources have reported the same, I think The Times did at the end of the window for one.

I would have thought that the vast number of inaccurate reports in every single paper, from the Sun to the Guardian, throughout the transfer window, will have dissuaded most from being so naive.

We did, but Chelsea had a gentlemans agreement with Boro that they wouldn't up the price after he failed his medical the last time. I know the words 'gentlemans agreement' and 'Peter Kenyon' don't usually go together, but that's what happened apparently. Basically, unless Boro pulled out he was never goping anywhere else. Bit like the Kuyt deal really. Glad to see we'd learnt our lesson from that.

We did, but Chelsea had a gentlemans agreement with Boro that they wouldn't up the price after he failed his medical the last time. I know the words 'gentlemans agreement' and 'Peter Kenyon' don't usually go together, but that's what happened apparently. Basically, unless Boro pulled out he was never goping anywhere else. Bit like the Kuyt deal really. Glad to see we'd learnt our lesson from that.

JWTBH! B)

never liked the prick anyhow...doubt shearer has any love for him either.

B) The main criteria for signing players at NUFC no doubt.

pity bout woodgate though, heard he played a stormer against arsenal...

Looked like he did on MOTD, they also did a bit of analysis on how well he played. How long before he breaks down though? IMO, he would have been a good signing only if someone else came in too. Sol Campbell would have been my choice.

What was the deal with Huth? I thought he failed a medical - if so how could he pass one later? Surely the medical isn't as simplistic as "well you're injured for the time being Robert, so we can't sign you, but if you come back in 2 weeks and you're feeling a bit better we'll splash £5m on you"