broken telly

zico martin

cant believe it. things dont last five minutes these days. Well anyway the kids were just watching som crappy kids program on the telly and the picture is getting smaller and smaller! The tube is going/ has gone and Ive only had the telly for about emm, well its nearlly 8 years now I guess. Gutted and I really cant afford to be without one for long. My first thought was to claim on the household insurance but then do I really want just a replacement for what Ive got? Also that'll no doubt take a while so I was wondering if I should just go out and get a nice new widescreen one on the credit card. Any good bargains about?

you only have the one tv?

well there a portables in the 2 bedrooms but only one 'big telly' :D

then make do with a small one until you decide what to do with the big one. Is that really such a hardship?

Our telly went on the blink. It'd just die if you walked near it. Kinda like a Portuguese winger. Luckily I had a decent TV in my room so that's been relocated down the stairs.

well there a portables in the 2 bedrooms but only one 'big telly' :lol:

then make do with a small one until you decide what to do with the big one. Is that really such a hardship?

actually this may be a blessing, will make us go to bed earlier to watch the telly, and thats gotta be good for our marriage :D

actually this may be a blessing, will make us go to bed earlier to watch the telly, and thats gotta be good for our marriage :D

Speaking of making do with a small one. :lol:

Hope there's still some lead left in the pencil. :lol:

Speaking of making do with a small one. :lol:

:D i nearlly spat my 'dad tea' all over my keyboard there i laughed so much!

Guest Patrokles

The nice thing is that because it's old and obsolete, if you did claim it on insurance (might want to put a brick through it first), you'd get a brand new model. That's what happened when my old stereo broke years ago. They'd discontinued it, so I got a nice new model.

The nice thing is that because it's old and obsolete, if you did claim it on insurance (might want to put a brick through it first), you'd get a brand new model. That's what happened when my old stereo broke years ago. They'd discontinued it, so I got a nice new model.

yeah thats what i thought but how much say would I have on what model I got? I could hardly request certain features ( like widescreen HD ready etc) which my existing one didnt have could I?

Guest Patrokles

yeah thats what i thought but how much say would I have on what model I got? I could hardly request certain features ( like widescreen HD ready etc) which my existing one didnt have could I?

Yeah, that'd be a bit cheeky. Maybe you could negotiate and pay a bit of difference for a better one?

Yeah, that'd be a bit cheeky. Maybe you could negotiate and pay a bit of difference for a better one?

yeah I'll phone the insurance people tomorrow and see what they say.

the woolworth offer doesnt start until monday so Ive got a bit of breathing space i guess

Was watching the NUFC Ventspills (I think it was Ventspills at least) game upstairs and the telly exploded.

I know we were awful in that game, but not that bad. Still, just took it down the dump. It's not the main telly so it hasn't been replaced.

picked one up this morning (yeah LCDs are a lot lighter than the tellies Im used to!) and Im dead chuffed with it!

thanks toplass I owe you one :lol:

But it's not October 2nd yet. :angry:

yeah well the whispers I heard were incorrect and the 'sale' started today

the whole story is here:technosonic