Great North Run

peasepud

Well todays the day and boy I cant wait.

All those months of training and in a few hours it will all be worth it. Being there, part of history, just one in a sea of faces each and every one of them there to do their bit, make their mark. The young and the old, short and tall will take their place and set off from Cowgate. Coming across the Tyne Bridge is an iconic sight and then up and around Felling past the stadium where many attend.

By the hour mark I know I'll be getting bored just wanting the end but theres no time for that I know I must be focussed keep on top of my game, all that training wasnt for nothing I shall succeed. Just being there isnt enough its nothing if you dont see it through. I must be strong and wait it out, the eyes of the worlds media are upon me and all are willing me on.

Then next thing you know the finish line, man after woman after comedy banana start streaming through all checking the clock, is it better than last years time? At that point I will know that the months of early mornings, evening sesssions and special diet will all be worth it.

So if you're doing it today then good luck to you too, like me Im sure the heavy schedule has taken its toll on your private life but after you've crossed that line and get your medal you can wander into the refreshment tent for a well earned brew, maybe I'll see you there if I do I'll make sure to give you an extra spponful of sugar in ya tea.

Now then, remember me training...turn on hot water tank, fill with water, two boxes of PG, get cups out...

"Tea or Coffee sir, oooh well done"

gawd Im so nervous!! :angry:

http://www.greatrun.org/onrunning/news_article.asp?id=3519

Other runners include Angellica Bell (CBBC), John Beresford (former Newcastle United), Lee Boardman (former Coronation Street), Richard Caborn (Sports Minister), Sir Chris Chataway (Athletics legend), Chris Chittell (plays Eric Pollard in Emmerdale), James Cracknell (Olympic gold medal rower), Richard Dunwoody (Former National Hunt champion jockey), Mark Goodier (Radio 2 presenter), Liz McColgan (former long distance runner), John Motson (BBC football commentator), Jimmy Nail (Singer/Actor), Sophie Raworth (Presenter of BBC One O’clock News) and Uriah Rennie (Football referee).

:angry: Deathwish!

Edited by BlueStar

I done the race about 12 year ago. Training got a bit boring but the run was canny and the crowds keep ya going.

Still, heard that someone died yesterday, young lad apparantly.

http://www.greatrun.org/onrunning/news_article.asp?id=3519

Other runners include Angellica Bell (CBBC), John Beresford (former Newcastle United), Lee Boardman (former Coronation Street), Richard Caborn (Sports Minister), Sir Chris Chataway (Athletics legend), Chris Chittell (plays Eric Pollard in Emmerdale), James Cracknell (Olympic gold medal rower), Richard Dunwoody (Former National Hunt champion jockey), Mark Goodier (Radio 2 presenter), Liz McColgan (former long distance runner), John Motson (BBC football commentator), Jimmy Nail (Singer/Actor), Sophie Raworth (Presenter of BBC One O’clock News) and Uriah Rennie (Football referee).

:lol: Deathwish!

Funny that... seeing how he was refereeing the West Ham v Reading match yesterday....