Joe Bonamassa

Tom

• 2 years later...

I've heard him doing his show on planet rock quite a few times, picks a good selection of blues, blues/rock and prog songs, often good live versions from the bands in question.

Haven't really heard much of his stuff, just the odd track but its the kind of stuff i'd like.

I have never heard his Planet Rock show.

Might give it a listen sometime.

You can pretty much guarantee he will be on the new series of Jools Holland though.

I have never heard his Planet Rock show.

Might give it a listen sometime.

You can pretty much guarantee he will be on the new series of Jools Holland though.

Yeah, he comes across as a very upbeat kind of guy who loves his music, both stuff you'll know and more obscure bands and musicians he plays to give them a wider audience on the show, often from the states.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah but strangely most of his influences are English and of course including Rory - Irish.

He also cites free as a massive influence.

I saw an interview where he demonstrated a blues phrase and then said ''Page/Clapton/Kossoff/Beck/etc would have done it like this'' and he went through every style perfectly whilst playing the same piece.

He's on Jool's Holland's TV show tonight by the way and he is playing a well sold out gig at the sage on wednesday. :D

I think he is only playing one song and it's with Jool's rhythm section so it's not Joe's usual band. However he has been known to change musicians anyway so I doubt it will make much difference.

Either way he has some class records and it's worth seeing him live :D

Faithful was terrible!

Joe was good but really needs his own time to play, rather than 2 minutes with Jool's band.

Either way I enjoyed it.