Dumbass French footy coverage!!

MattM4

French TV do this thing with their football coverage, where they keep playing around with the camera views, and as soon as it's a corner or plays stays for a certain amount of time down the wing, they switch to a side view.... WHICH SUCKS BALLS!!

Why do they do this? only another reason why I can't bear to watch the fr league :)

do they think it's cool? Are they trying to show off how great their production system is? Can they not take a hint in that every single network in the whole world DON'T do this, and just stick to the simple view. Changes are for replays. It absolutely does my head in.

examples (yes Skysports vid, but FR coverage) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg-jzl4rb-c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNmnOFTfB80

<_<

Yeah I noticed that when I was over there. They change the camera angle to silly views for corners, free-kicks, etc.

Was hoping you'd see this. I find it unbearable ... Only watch french league games when I really have to, mainly because of this :)

Did notice on Sky on Sunday mind they showed the Ameobi penalty from behind the taker which I'd not seen in our coverage before.

actually they seem to randomly do it at times. Started doing it in 03-04 IIRC. Shearer's pen v Liverpool at home that season was like that <_<

I remember they did that corner side camera thingy in the World Cup in France. It was annoying. As for the view from behind on penalties, I quite like it.

anyway lad did you enjoy the night with all the scousers, Smicer went into the Irish pub to meet them yesterday and got mobbed.

Really? <_< we were in the Irish pub with my mates! but upstairs so must have missed him. They were all over town as per usual when a British team plays here. Some right rough ones though :)

Guest Patrokles

Over-reacting tbh.

lol, imagine if you trying to watch a game, and they kept switching to that almost everytime a cross went in. You much less of idea of depth etc.

With us, you can safely assume that if it didn't hit the first man, it went far too deep, if that helps.

I remember the commentator on Premiere in Germany used to keep referring to Ruud van Nistelrooy as "Van..... the Man". Practically every time he had a shot on goal. That wasn't annoying at all.

Yeah I noticed that when I was over there. They change the camera angle to silly views for corners, free-kicks, etc.

Was hoping you'd see this. I find it unbearable ... Only watch french league games when I really have to, mainly because of this :)

Did notice on Sky on Sunday mind they showed the Ameobi penalty from behind the taker which I'd not seen in our coverage before.

actually they seem to randomly do it at times. Started doing it in 03-04 IIRC. Shearer's pen v Liverpool at home that season was like that <_<

Yeah, they do it at Old Trafford all the time.

I remember the commentator on Premiere in Germany used to keep referring to Ruud van Nistelrooy as "Van..... the Man". Practically every time he had a shot on goal. That wasn't annoying at all.

"Vään ze Mään"?