Anyone know anything about torrents?

Paul

:lol: Not cos of Peer Guardian, Shirley? I would just uninstall it if that's the case though. I would imagine they're mostly going after the people that are actually putting the torrents up on there in the first place, and the people like Patrokles mentioned. Occasional downloaders won't be getting hit I don't think.

Aye, I put it on and my t'internet was slow as shit. Some of the torrent sites then refused to even open. Disabled it and it's all back to normal. Although, the downloading is taking fucking ages, what was it you were saying about forwarding ports again? How in the wide wide world of sport do I do that like?

Go to www.portforward.com and follow the instructions there for your specific router and bittorrent client. It makes a huge difference - I was getting speeds around 20-30kbps before I did it, and it was sometimes peaking at over 200kbps after I'd done it with the low end being around 80-100 for most decent torrents. It must be canny straightforward if I can do it! Also, what Bittorrent client are you using? I used a few but settled on Azureus cos it was MILES faster than any of the other ones I tried.

I'm using BitComet, but only on the basis that I'm a Bittorrent spaz and I was told off a man in the pub. I'll try that port thing, cheers guvnor. :mellow: