The betting thread.

Mark

Guest Stevie

Right make no bones about it even though they're wanks comparing Tottenham's side with Celtic is like comparing Brazil to the Faroe Islands, and I think 6/5 is a fantastic price for the yids to win tonight. Celtic are shite, they are, the only people who don't know it are their bandwagon jumping support, who honestly believe they would stay up in the Premiership.

I'm doubling it with the toon for reasons I've discussed on another thread. Lots of reasons for it, we have a canny enough squad over there, Hertha were playing LAST NIGHT in Eastern Europe, and when I seen them in that friendly against Liverpool Reserves they were abysmal. The bookies are running scared they've all cut our odds from 6/4 to 5/4 today.

So a 10a double for what is easy money pays pennies under 50 quid. Cracking 4/1 if ever I've seen one.

Guest Stevie
Not a bad shout, I lumped in Chelsea and Bolton to make it interesting.

I can not see Celtic scoring, and Spurs aren't even out of first gear! Celtic are no where near Premiership standard, no where near.

Who are Bolton playing?

Guest Stevie

Partick Thistle v Dunfermline Dunfermline 17-10

WHEN they were freshly relegated from the SPL last season, Dunfermline were handed a bloody nose on the opening day against eventual First Division champions Hamilton.

However, thePars can get their campaign off to a winning start with a victory at Partick Thistle this afternoon.

There are fears at Partick about where the goals might be coming from as there seems little good news on Liam Buchanan's groin injury.

He was the Jags' top goalscorer last season with 11 and he didn't play after February 12.

And the extent to which they missed his services is evident from the fact they scored just four goals in their last nine league matches.

Dunfermline have had their own problems up front, but manager Jim McIntyre has captured Andy Kirk from Yeovil.

The Pars were waiting yesterday on international clearance for the Northern Ireland striker and, should that be granted, the former Hearts and Northampton striker should be in the squad.

Even if he doesn't make it and McIntyre is left to rely on the services of his capture from Inverness, Graham Bayne, the Pars still have plenty of midfielders like Stephen Glass, Alex Burke and Nicky Phinn, who can link up well.

Burke and Phinn did that to good effect as both scored in the 3-0 victory over Stirling in the Challenge Cup last week.

The Pars lost just twice away from home after McIntyre replaced Stephen Kenny in January.

They look a decent price to start on the right foot this time.

Albion v Forfar - Forfar 13-8

Forfar finished bottom of the Thrd Division last season, having been relegated in the previous campaign, but there have been wholesale changes at the Loons.

New manager Dick Campbell has wielded the axe and just two of the players who lined up at Arbroath for last week's Challenge Cup clash were at the club last season.

Their 2-1 victory over their local rivals will come as a big boost, even if they did need two penalties to progress.

With most of Campbell's recruits from higher divisions, they are looking to progress and are a decent price against a team who have only new boys Annan below them in the outright market.

I've done this as a treble with Arsenal at 11/10 to beat Juventus which they surely will.

• 1 year later...

I know nowt about Horses, but my cousin says that Age of Aquarius @ St Ledger and Cavalray Man @ Arc are horses to bet on. Should be getting 3's for AoA and 10's for CM.

He reckon put money on them both individually and one joint bet for them both to win.

like I said, no idea, but he does well and knows a bit, so... whatever.