The betting thread.

Mark

Just thought I'd make a thread on what people have put bets on, or if they have any tips.

I know there is a betting part to this forum, but I didn't know where to put this thread.

Today 3-0 to the Toon at 11/1 isn't a bad price, especially with Shola out.

I've got money on Chopra first scorer at 9/2 for Cardiff away at Colchester.

Also on Ladbrokes "what will happen to Emre first" he is 7/4 to play the full 90, 7/4 to get booked, 6/1 to set up a goal, and 7/1 to score, but 7/2 to be subbed, which is a canny bet I reckon?

my money is on the bookies TBH

If you bet on the horses you are lucky to be a couple of quid ahead on a £100 winning stake even if you follow the top trainers or jockeys.......... just about everyone else loses their shirt of course

You lose 3-5% of your money on roulette

........... and poker - well someone wins but a lot lose

bet on us to get beat won £43, almost feel guilty

cheered myself up by placing £10 on Tottenham to beat Chelsea when they were getting beat, Spurs made it 1-1 two minutes after i'd placed my bet, got £170 back

my money is on the bookies TBH

If you bet on the horses you are lucky to be a couple of quid ahead on a £100 winning stake even if you follow the top trainers or jockeys.......... just about everyone else loses their shirt of course

You lose 3-5% of your money on roulette

........... and poker - well someone wins but a lot lose

Just a bit of fun unless you're daft / very clever though, which plenty people are I suppose (daft that is).

Southend got to be worth a couple of quid, at 7/1 (or better). Man Utd wont field the strongest of teams

tempted for Chesterfield to beat Charlton, i'm sure they've put out two decent teams so far and 16/5 is quite good, we've seen first hand how shit Charlton are

i've got a Trixie on Chesterfield, Southend and Everton

i've got a dilemma as you can see from my Trixie bet, it's still pretty much on as only two of the bets have to win. Southend have done the business against Man Utd and i need Everton to beat Arsenal at Goodison to give me a return of around £128 from £8

now do i sit tight and hope the scousers can do the biz or do i take the easy option and back Arsenal or Draw and guarantee myself a tidy profit of say £50

what do you guys reckon

I'd opt for Arsenal meself mate, as these young kids they've got go out and play like they have a point to prove unlike the first team who think oh we're Arsenal so nobody can tackle us.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I got an e-mail from coral today called "age verification". Saying as I registered on a debit card they cancelled my account as people under 18 could register.. Just wondering if anybody else has had to do this? I'm contemplating taking my ID into coral or e-mailing them or something.

Any ideas?

Have you tried logging into your Coral account? It could be a scam to get your account details, type the address into your browser rather than clicking on any link in the email.

Thinking of putting a bet on. £5 on us to win FA cup £5 accumulator on winning first 5 games of the season £5 on us not losing first 10 games of the season and £5 on being in top 4 at end of season. Anyone know the odds as I cant access betting sites?

FA Cup - 21

Top 4 - 7.4

Top 6 - 3.3

Wouldn't have thought you'll get odds on the accumulators until the fixtures are out.

Have you tried logging into your Coral account? It could be a scam to get your account details, type the address into your browser rather than clicking on any link in the email.

I got the same thing at Ladbrokes. I used a Maestro card to sign up but because these are available to 16 year olds they can't tell if you're legally allowed to gamble. I called up and their suggestion was to go into a shop (it took me ages to work out that they meant a Ladbrokes shop!) and show them some ID and they'd sort it all out for mt.