Question for the Irish amongst us

Mags

I don't know what it is with us yanks and any part of Great britain to be honest. For myself I enjoyed England and am going to Ireland because the opportunity came up and I've never been. This really has nothing to do with being American. I love to travel and would have been just as chuffed going to Istanbul as Galway.

Agreed on Boston but it's simply a fact of many people there having STRONG legitimate (familial) irish ties and the more recent history there is catholic irish immigration. You'd swear the IRA was alive and kicking in Boston in certain areas and the pride these people take in their heritage is unbelievable.

*edit* Dave?The Corrs? Bit too elevator muzak-ish for me.

not the music man woman man. the fittiness

the girls, they am having of the fitness

I think Oba said Galway was where the hottest Irish lasses lived if that sorta thing takes your fancy

If you do, make sure to send the pics to me first :unsure:

I didnt mean that way! Okay, maybe I did.

I think Oba said Galway was where the hottest Irish lasses lived if that sorta thing takes your fancy

Aye, all the hotties without whiskers or grass-stained teeth live down that way, I think it's the Spanish blood.

Drinking is the primary attraction, but as Cath touched on, the Burren is worth a look. If the night-life in Galway's a bit too hectic for you, there's no end of smaller towns to have a few beers in; Clifden/Athenry etc. And you can't move for old castles down there, so you'll have no trouble finding them, if that sort of thing takes your fancy.

Unfortunately, everything in Ireland is horrendously expensive, as you'll probabaly notice, but once you don't let that bother you, it's good craic. Don't bother with Dublin, if you really want to see the Britain, just go to London (or Newcastle). :unsure: