Keane Condems Conmen

Tooj

Former Manchester United star Roy Keane has claimed the Premiership is full of players who are trying to cheat by diving and conning the referee.

Keane, now boss of Sunderland, said: "I see lads I've played with dive, and going down like they've been shot. It drives me crazy.

"I'm glad I'm not playing in the Premiership anymore.

"Trying to get another player sent off is cheating. And a lot of players are trying to put one over on the referee."

The 35-year-old former United skipper has had his fair share of scrapes with referees.

But he insists the situation is now out of control - and feels the officials have a very difficult job.

He added: "I'm on my high horse because I went out and kicked a lot of players but I'm on about conning the referee.

"Referees need to know the players, there are a lot out there who are trying to pull one over referees by diving and chasing the referee.

"There are plenty out there doing that and it must be hard for the referee. Players have got to look to treat the referees fairly."

Keane also believes that managers - as well as players - have a responsibility to stamp out the diving.

He said: "I'm trying to do that with my players."

Although I do agree with him isn't he forgetting the time he was sent off for diving when playing for Man Yoo against Blackburn?