Torrent Help

Tooj

Might be along the lines of the trouble i had with wanting to save images as jpeg,they were saving as Bmp but was advised to clean out my cache/temp files & that sorted it out,worth a go

It didn't work like mate but cheers anyway.

need a bit more info - do you use firefox?

is it the actual torrent file that saves to your desktop or the actual file that youve downloaded?

Aye mate used the fox of fire, it's the actually torrent file mate not the downloaded file. Proper cluttering up me fucking desktop.

need a bit more info - do you use firefox?

is it the actual torrent file that saves to your desktop or the actual file that youve downloaded?

Aye mate used the fox of fire, it's the actually torrent file mate not the downloaded file. Proper cluttering up me fucking desktop.

ok - so when you click on the torrent file you should get a little window that opens and gives you the option of either opening the torrent file with your client or downloading the torrent file to a specified location.

it sounds like the firefox download manager is automatically doing the latter to me.

Firefox won't let you directly open .exe files, it's a security feature.

Jonny, go into Tools, options, downloads, View & Edit actions and change the .torrent action to open with Azureus or whatever.

• 3 weeks later...

This torrent i'm downloading at the minute is going mental, one second its like 30kb, next its about 0.1. Whats the craic there?

Also, whats a seed compared to a peer?

seeds are the number of people who are offering the complete file for download, peers (or sometimes called leechers) are the number that are downloading it. So you need to find a file with a higher ratio of seeds to peers for a faster download.

This torrent i'm downloading at the minute is going mental, one second its like 30kb, next its about 0.1. Whats the craic there?

Also, whats a seed compared to a peer?

seeds are the number of people who are offering the complete file for download, peers (or sometimes called leechers) are the number that are downloading it. So you need to find a file with a higher ratio of seeds to peers for a faster download.

Cool cheers. So when it says Seeds 0 (114), what is the 114?