Canny lad...

Matty

Bellamy 'grabbed girl by throat'

Craig Bellamy was bought by Liverpool this year for £6m

Premiership footballer Craig Bellamy grabbed a woman by the throat after they bumped into each other at a nightclub, a court heard today.

Cardiff magistrates heard how the Wales and Liverpool striker collided with Sophie Palmer, 19, before grabbing the wrist of her friend Holly Smith, 20.

He followed the pair along the corridor of Cardiff's Number 10 nightclub and grabbed Ms Palmer by the throat.

Mr Bellamy, 27, denies two counts of common assault. The trial continues.

I hope he gets done for this even if he isn't guilty.

:lol:

chances are though he did it,

must of pictured souness,

No greame not now!, we are in a club :D

There's another bloke charged as well isn't there? Several times now he's been involved in unsavoury goings-on on nights out though, sooner or later you start wondering whether they aren't true. Genuinely unpleasant bloke I reckon.

I hope he gets done for this even if he isn't guilty.

Hehe me too (frankly he's got away with plenty).

He's a decent football player, but as a human being he's a deformed little runt, inside and out.

There's another bloke charged as well isn't there? Several times now he's been involved in unsavoury goings-on on nights out though, sooner or later you start wondering whether they aren't true. Genuinely unpleasant bloke I reckon.

Aye, imagine what kind of unpleasant little shite you'd have to be to attack random birds in the street; not his first time, either, is it?

At least if he gets sent down, he won't have far to go.

Aye, a 52-year old. Leazes?

Bellamy, 27, of Menai Way, Rumney, Cardiff, denies both counts of common assault. Lynch, 52, of Glan-Y-Mor, Barry, South Wales also denies one count of assault.

Giving evidence, Sophie Palmer, now aged 20, said she was walking along a narrow corridor to the champagne VIP bar followed by two friends when she first saw Bellamy.

She said: "I began to walk through the gap and Craig Bellamy was walking in the other direction and he bumped into me. He was quite aggressive, he was just swaggering around.

"I turned around and said to him 'excuse me, why couldn't you wait in that gap there'.

"He said to me 'you're too f***ing fat to get past me you fat slag'.

"He was very aggressive and very arrogant."

Asked by Mr Hammett how she responded, Miss Palmer said: "I shrugged it off, said 'whatever' and kept walking in the direction I was going."

She said she then turned around to see her friend Holly Smith "having words" with Bellamy.

"I can't remember if he pushed her or she pushed him first, but they both pushed each other."

Miss Palmer said Bellamy then followed her along the corridor and grabbed her.

"He grabbed me with both hands around the neck and held me up against the wall and he was squeezing."

Probably grabbed her neck wishing that he had one too.

I'd absolutely love it if Bellamy bumped into me in a nightclub. Thought he was a cracking player for us, but the satisfaction i'd get from chinning him would be marvellous.

Ally the internet hard man. :D

I'd absolutely love it if Bellamy bumped into me in a nightclub. Thought he was a cracking player for us, but the satisfaction i'd get from chinning him would be marvellous.

He'd kick you up the arse and you'd cry tbh.

He'd kick you up the arse and you'd cry tbh.

I only got kicked up the arse because I wasn't looking or expecting it! Still giving us a bit of grief tbh, not yet perfectly comfortable. :D