UEFA Cup shaping up

janu

From .com

UEFA Cup shaping up

Tuesday's Champions League fixtures made the picture regarding UEFA Cup qualification a little clearer - although our next tie will be against a side who attain a third place finish in the UEFA Cup Group Stages.

Five of the eight Champions League third place sides are now known, with the other three to be confirmed on Wednesday:

Steaua Bucharest, Werder Bremen, Bordeaux, Shakhtar Donetsk, Spartak Moscow

The draw for the last 32 takes place on Friday December 15th - the day after the final set of UEFA Cup Group games.

We cannot play any of the following sides who have already qualified:

Blackburn, Spurs, Parma, Nancy, Espanyol, Dinamo Bucharest.

While the following qualifiers could face us, if they end up in finishing third in their group:

Rangers, Maccabi Haifa, AZ Alkmaar, Zulte Waregem, Seville.

I would say we've got a fair/good chance against most of those teams *puts tinhat on* :lol:

Hopefully CSKA, Benfica and AEK will join in tonight.

There are a couple of decent teams in, but not really any of the European heavyweights. Any team still involved has the chance to win it IMHO.

Agree with that. I think the only two who stand above the rest are Werder and Seville.

Edited by janu

Wouldn't fancy playing Seville tbh.

Would love to get Rangers, fairly confident we would beat them. And we did in 1969 when we won the cup as my dad always tells me.

Would love to get Rangers, fairly confident we would beat them. And we did in 1969 when we won the cup as my dad always tells me.

The final of the 2006/07 UEFA Cup will be played in Glasgow on 16 May 2007 after UEFA awarded hosting rights to Hampden Park.

:lol:

The final of the 2006/07 UEFA Cup will be played in Glasgow on 16 May 2007 after UEFA awarded hosting rights to Hampden Park.

;)

:lol: